New here

frankrigor

Reaction score
Have had my Droid for about a month. Am trying to figure out how to get movies onto it. I bought Star Trek, which has a "digital copy" disc that allows you to put it on your computer and then PDA or iPod/i-whatever. I can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The digital copy on the DVD's are only good for ipod like devices....You will need to rip it using something like Handbrake or CVC Catalyst (which is what I use). you might also need AnyDVD to fix the encryption....

OP
F

frankrigor

Reaction score
Is that true even if there is a .wmv file option?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not right now. The Droid doesn't play .wmv files natively. I wish it did. I have like 20 movies on my PC I could transfer

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Not right now. The Droid doesn't play .wmv files natively. I wish it did. I have like 20 movies on my PC I could transfer

Act 1 Video Player from the Market will play .WMV files. It does state that the Droid does not handle them well, But it does play the ones I have fine.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Act 1 Video Player from the Market will play .WMV files. It does state that the Droid does not handle them well, But it does play the ones I have fine.

and these are "digital copies" it's playing for you?

No, It will play .WMV files which the OP asked about if the Droid will play if there was a .WMV option on the DVD.....If I read his question correctly...

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

and these are "digital copies" it's playing for you?

No, It will play .WMV files which the OP asked about if the Droid will play if there was a .WMV option on the DVD.....If I read his question correctly...

Yea I feel you, but when I copy over my digital coipies they are in .WMV format. They even stream to the xbox natively as well. SO in theory it "could" work. I'll download the "free" version for tesing tonight. If it work i'll but the app. If not i'll still have 0 movies on my Droid :icon_eek:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
cap200912261134.jpg