I am just as stuck as my phone! (Bootloader Service Req'd) (Low Battery/Cant Program)

jdproductionsales

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I finally came crawling on my hands and knees because I cannot find a way around this issue.

Short Story......... Phone:Motorola Droid 2 A955

Picked up a bricked A955 from a friend just to help him out. I paid him a whopping 50 bucks (yea I know) because I assumed that a bricked phone could be restored. Well, you know what they say about assumptions. Anyway,

What happen was some version of ICS was flashed to the phone, after the camera app thing got frustrating it was then sent into recovery and flashed back to a stock ROM (or so he says). The phone would stop at the logo and stay there forever.

Booting into recovery doesn't work. When plugged into a charger the boot loader starts automatically, but with same errors. If you connect charger to computer you'll be lucky to keep the boot loader up for 5 seconds, second attempt 2 seconds, third attempt 1 second or less before the phone goes completely dead not even the screen flashes while trying to boot in Boot Loader Mode. So boot loader just shuts down while on USB power.

So it seems to enter boot loader fine via wall outlet but usb is hopeless (Its charging right now via wall outlet) Sorry for the long post (its my first day!) but that is just the surface. The error codes that I get are...........

Bootloader
D2,37
ERR: A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP BLANK

Service Req'd

Battery Low (Flashing)

Cannot Program (Flashing)

If someone can please help me make sense of all this and what I can do to fix this issue I will be more happier than a Pirate with a Speed Boat!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You just need to charge the battery. Borrow a stand alone charger or get a battery from someone.