I am just a gal having such a hard time with my phone

DroidBadByer

Reaction score
ok, so hi, I'm a gal from CA who just keeps getting real bad luck with cell phones. I have a tight budget so I searched and searched until I found what I was looking for--a DROID 3, which has an 8 megapix camera. I got it from an ebay seller who said item is used but is fully functional, as intended to work, etc.

So I get the phone to find out seller LIED, phone is clearly refurbished (they didn't close the casing right and so it is hard to slide) and you can tell it's been taken apart before...the SIM card is missing. And the camera application isn't initializing.

They've offered to take back the phone, but I would have to spend more waiting time and more headache, so I took it upon myself to resolve the issue. After tech support, factory restores, etc. I am still unable to get the camera to initialize. Please help me figure out how to do it so I can just keep this phone instead of going through an ebay hassle ...please help me get the app that will get the camera to work. Otherwise I will have to return the phone and just not get one. I'm done with all this idiotic liars online who list something and LIE about it NOT having certain super-important components, such as CAMERA!!! >:-(

OP
D

DroidBadByer

Reaction score
MY phone HELL started on X-mas of last year, when I realized I hated my HTC because it had no QWERTY keyboard. I was out jogging and had the phone in my bra. Anyhow, it somehow fell out..I lost it!! So I downgraded to a Droid (5 megapix camera) and it was fine until it started having touchscreen issues. So then I downgraded yet again to a Blackberry which is what I have now. I'd really rather have a Droid 3 because it has the 8 megapix camera of the HTC and the QWERTY of the 1st Droid.. Got me one from ebay, item condition listed as "used but fully operatoinal" they LIED they LIED they LIED.

Word of advice, do NOT trust the Gazelle-store. They will totally rip you off, so now I'm going through the hassle. If I return the phone I'm unsure i will get the same deal--everything works on the phone except camare.and that's what i really need....since I'm a singer and I record my practices and PLEASE help ME Someone to fix this thing

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Can you give some more detail on the camera not initializing? Is that the exact error you get? If a factory reset didn't fix it I'm going to say the actual camera might be bad not just the app.

Communicated from atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums!

Sorry about what you have been going through. While I haven't had that personally happen to the camera on my phone, I did some searching and the only suggestion I found was to go to settings/applications/manage applications/ then scroll down to your camera, select it and clear data. Pull out the battery, start it up and see if that helps.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your issues, hope you are able to get them resolved...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. I am sorry you are having issues, I hope you are able to get it working for you.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome aboard.. Hope you resolve the issue.. And keep us posted..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》