I am having an issue with the car dock.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I recently got the Droid X Essentials pack for my Birthday. Of course everything fits my X2.

Two observations:

1: the Desk dock takes some wiggling. The HDMI plug seems to be loose and doesn't quite line up unless I wiggle the phone onto the dock.

2: The car dock seems to have an issue. I am wondering if it's common. I hooked up an add on AUX INPUT in my truck. When I plug the phone into the dock and the cable for the input, I get a high pitch sound. If I unplug the charger from the cigarette lighter, it stops. I assumed it was my electrical system making the noise. So I usually leave it unplugged. Then I tried it with the charger plugged directly into the phone and the audio cable attached. No noise. So I guess the charging circuit in the dock is noisy.

Has anyone had this or know how to fix it? I'd rather no crack the dock open unless I know there is a fix.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I believe a ground circuit adapter (I think that is what it's called) will solve this. It basically grounds the audio wire to the car. You should be able to pick one up at radio shack/audio stores.

Sent from my Android device.

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
The audio wire isn't the problem. The charger set up in the dock that takes the charger cord plug and connects it to the phone connector. It even does it when I pull the charger almost all the way out of the cig plug so that only the ground is touching. I think it's an internal issue.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I remember reading the exact same problem 6 months ago and that's how he fixed it.

Sent from my Android device.