high pitch whine coming from car speakers

Dante2011

Reaction score
I have the bionic and the car dock. When I dock the bionic I have the wire adapter for audio to my stereo. everything works fine unless i have the power for the dock plugged into the cigarette lighter. As soon as I turn on the vehicle with power going to the dock I get a high pitched whine thru the speakers that seems to follow the revving of the engine. I revv up and the whine goes up. If i disconnect the power then the problem is gone.

With the battery life of the bionic I kinda need power as I drive. Any ideas?

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I have the bionic and the car dock. When I dock the bionic I have the wire adapter for audio to my stereo. everything works fine unless i have the power for the dock plugged into the cigarette lighter. As soon as I turn on the vehicle with power going to the dock I get a high pitched whine thru the speakers that seems to follow the revving of the engine. I revv up and the whine goes up. If i disconnect the power then the problem is gone.

With the battery life of the bionic I kinda need power as I drive. Any ideas?

Going to be very tough to correct this since you will need to keep the wires away from each other. The audio wire is getting interference from the power wire. You can try buying a audio cable that has better insulation, but that still may not solve the problem.

Make sure the cables aren't touching each other.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
D

Dante2011

Reaction score
That did it. My car stereo has the aux input in the back of the unit so I had to wire it behind the dash. I pulled it and re-ran the wire several inches away from the cigarrete port and the whine is gone. Thanks.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
That did it. My car stereo has the aux input in the back of the unit so I had to wire it behind the dash. I pulled it and re-ran the wire several inches away from the cigarrete port and the whine is gone. Thanks.

Glad to help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums