Hyperdirve Rom Finally Makes Its Way To The Note 5!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Some people love Touchwiz while others absolutely despise it. I personally have grown to tolerate the Samsung overlay. In the beginning I hated touchwiz. It was heavy and slow. With faster processors, more ram, and Samsung's ability to put out a phone without 10GB of bloatware touchwiz is now virtually lag free. However nothing is perfect and even the new and improved touchwiz can benefit from some well thought out optimizations!

Sbreen94 is the creator of one of my all time favorite rom series for Galaxy devices "Hyperdrive". His roms are based on whatever the latest and greatest version of Touchwiz is for a particular device. He guts the roms of all unnecessary files and space wasters. This gives your device much more breathing room. Hyperdrive also includes many optimizations and performance tweaks. There are also plenty of customization options.

The rom is finally available for the Note 5! To install the rom you must be rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP installed. You should be on the latest COJ5 firmware before starting. Download the Hyperdrive rom and flash it in recovery after being sure to do a full data wipe. The first boot will take up to 15 minutes, and you should let your phone sit for 10 minutes once it boots for best results.

via XDA