Hunger Games Movie

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wife and I saw the movie last weekend. Underwhelmed honestly... felt like watching the Truman Show combined with Lord of the Flies, with a little Idiocracy mixed in.

We haven't read the books, but I've had numerous friends tell me the books are so much deeper and better than the movie, so maybe we should do that!

Insidious

Reaction score
Saw it last week an liked it for the most part

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Reaction score
I just saw it and I thought it was great. I haven't read the books, but I plan to. Honestly, I was very impressed with the whole thing, from start to finish. It was suspenseful, very well acted, and touching. Highly recommended.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just watched the movie, they did a fairly good job of it. It did feel a bit rushed in some parts and I wish they would've had some parts of what Katniss thought (maybe background narrating, but I can see why it wouldn't work). I thought the lead actress could've done better with at least facial expressions during some scenes such as one in the book where she feared she would die right there, the actress had almost a blank look on her face at that part. She got much better as the games continued though.

Best part was seeing how they made the arena and the districts. For the most part I thought it was pretty accurate, but lacked that emotion the book had from the characters, especially from Katniss. Definitely worth watching and that's coming from someone who isn't into movies at all, and I'm definitely going to watch it again once it's released on bluray.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel asleep three times.. should've saw 21 jump street..

----posted maxx'ed out----

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hahaha yup you definitely didn't read the book either I'm guessing.

Nah my wife is, she's on number 2 or 3... she did say it followed pretty good.
It wasn't a bad movie, I just needed some more lol that night..

----posted maxx'ed out----