Huawei Nexus Specs Supposedly Leaked; Snapdragon 820, 5.7-inch UHD Display & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
huawei-nexus-leak.png

You will definitely want to file this one in your "salt-tossing rumor" category, but we supposedly have some specs on the Huawei Nexus device. According to the latest intel, it will have the following hardware:
  • Snapdragon 820
  • 5.7-inch QHD display
  • Metal unibody build
  • Fingerprint Scanner
As you can see from the screen-cap, the rumor also suggested the device will be arriving Q4 of this year, which is pretty typical for a new Nexus line up. If all this turns out to be true, it looks like Huawei is making their official entrance into the US with a top-notch flagship as the vanguard of the new Android fleet!

Source: Evan Blass on Twitter Huawei Nexus sounds impressive so far 5.7 QHD w metal body SD820 SoC fingerprint reader. Ships Q4.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Any heating issue with the 820 chips???

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any heating issue with the 820 chips???
There's no word on that, but it seems unlikely as they will be made using a new manufacturing process.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I doubt they come to vzw :( if they did that'd be awesome..

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I doubt they come to vzw :( if they did that'd be awesome..
I'm sure, now that I'm ready for another Nexus, they won't be compatible with VZW. Although I haven't seen any issues with the Nexus 6 on VZW, so I don't see why it wouldn't be.

on the move..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
IF I find the money to upgrade my phone this year, it's gonna be a tough choice. I really like what Moto's bringing to the table and would love to support their efforts to sell devices independent of the carriers, especially since it's supposed to work on vzw.

But, I'm also very curious to try a device from an OEM that I haven't had any experience with before and these rumored specs are a very nice start...

This year may be the right one to give a "new" company a shot. If the device is garbage, my Note 4 will still last me until next time around. I doubt that'll be the case though.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Huawei is number 3 spot for a reason... Definitely going to buy their first phone in US..

Tapped by NexusSix

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's what has me leaning toward this one as well. I know they've made a name for themselves outside of the US. I'd be singing a different tune if we'd never heard of them on this forum and they weren't already established, but I also have quite a bit of faith in Google's choice for Nexus manufacturers. They may not always hit the nail on the head as to what I'd like to see, but they make solid decisions.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
IF I find the money to upgrade my phone this year, it's gonna be a tough choice. I really like what Moto's bringing to the table and would love to support their efforts to sell devices independent of the carriers, especially since it's supposed to work on vzw.

But, I'm also very curious to try a device from an OEM that I haven't had any experience with before and these rumored specs are a very nice start...

This year may be the right one to give a "new" company a shot. If the device is garbage, my Note 4 will still last me until next time around. I doubt that'll be the case though.

Tough choice indeed. Nexus or Moto X. I usually rely on my in hand experience to make the decision, but both aren't going to be very accessible to make it an easy decision.

on the move..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Meh...I pre-ordered the Note 4 long before I got one in-hand. Haha!

Either way, I get the feeling that I won't see a lot of either of these devices in the wild in my area. Not a ton of people will know they can/want to buy the Moto off-contract, but not through their carrier and I'm guessing there will be several "regular Joe" users who won't want to take a chance on Huawei simple because they won't have heard of them before and they don't care about a nexus.

But, for me, I almost bought the last Moto X when I went with the Note 4 mostly because of screen size and camera. That's been rectified with the new X.

Huawei's shaping up to have the screen size as well, be a nexus, be a phone by an established company that I've never had the pleasure of experiencing, faster processor...Probably going this route if I do upgrade this year.