Huawei and Fossil Updating Their Smart Watches To Android 2.0 In March

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

I have the Huawei Watch and love it. It is great to have your step count and to be able to check notifications right there on your wrist. It also helps to be able to check the time without pulling your phone out of your pocket. Wearing the watch means I spend less time taking my phone out of my pocket for notifications that are not important. Android 2.0 had been released a while ago by Google, and it looks like the update will be coming to both Huawei and Fossil watches by the end of this month. The March rollout was announced for Huawei via the Huawei German Twitter account, but no specific date has been given. According to Fossil's twitter account they have already started the rollout in some places and will begin to boost the speed of the rollout starting today March 15th. If you have watches by either of these two OEMs you can expect an update soon.

via @fossil @huaweiServiceDE

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife loves taking calls through her watch when phone is in different room of the house. I like the sapphire glass on it, no need for screen protectors. In my opinion, Huawei is the best watch on the market.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think I may be pulling the trigger on the new Huawei watch when it comes out in about a month. Has everything I want, better looking than pretty much every smartwatch out there under $400...AND won't require that lousy $5 a month because it has no cell radio.

Although I am curious to see how BLOCKS performs, but mass market release still looks to be months away.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think I may be pulling the trigger on the new Huawei watch when it comes out in about a month. Has everything I want, better looking than pretty much every smartwatch out there under $400...AND won't require that lousy $5 a month because it has no cell radio.

Although I am curious to see how BLOCKS performs, but mass market release still looks to be months away.
Blocks is still a thing?! I thought they gave up on that. Haven't heard anything about it in forever...

Sent from my Pixel XL

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Blocks is still a thing?! I thought they gave up on that. Haven't heard anything about it in forever...

Was originally supposed to ship mid-2016. It got delayed, and delayed, and possibly delayed again. Can't confirm, but saw where some pre-orders may have shipped. The core supposedly works well, but reviewers questioned if there were problems with the add-on modules or blocks (which, is sort of the entire premise).

It's a great concept, and TAG and one or two others have put their own spin on it. But, yeah, first-gen on this is probably something to stay far away from.