HTML won't open with spaces in the filename

karth

Reaction score
I've tried multiple times with different file managers. I can't open an html document that has spaces in the filename. I searched several times and haven't found anything helpful. If I missed something, sorry. Please let me know if anyone has a fix.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I just tried to duplicate this error.

I used AK Notepad to create a simple HTML file and exported to my SD Card. Named it "test text.html" (without quotes of course), and opened it through Astro.

It prompted me whether I wanted to open it with HTML Viewer or File Editor. I tried both, and both opened without a problem.

What are you trying to open the file with (what are you trying to read it with, I realize you said you tried several File Managers to lauch it)?

Are you sure the HTML that is in the file isn't the problem? (Not accusing of anything, just trying to troubleshoot possible causes)

OP
K

karth

Reaction score
opening it with file editor or html viewer both allowed me to see the html, but just opening it to view as a rendered page in the browser fails.

Nathan

OP
K

karth

Reaction score
Hah. Followup: I tried astro instead of linda or es file explorer (which allows me to open samba shares). Both linda and es file explorer try to open with html viewer, both fail with a file not found error. Astro works great. So, it's a bug in the path the apps in question pass to the viewer. Thanks!

Side note: HTML viewer doesn't save zoom settings when I change the orientation. Any tips?

Last edited: