HTML in email?

Sleeper2112

Reaction score
Hi,

The default mail app doesn't display html in email, and I can't find a setting to turn that option on. Is there a way to get html email through the mail app?

Also, with Blackberry, it would recognize phone numbers in email and make them clickable, so you could call them simply by clicking on them. Is there an app/a way to do that with Android?

Thanks.

Last edited:

mullet4evr

Reaction score
I just got a Droid Incredible and I have it sync'd with Exchange. If I get an HTML email, it will not display. I am running Android 2.2 software. I can check the settings of my ActiveSync account and I can see the setting where it is set to "Plain Text". The problem is that option is greyed out and I can't select it to change it. Any suggestions!?!?! Looks like this thread is a little old...but I didn't want to start a new one for a question that still hadn't been answered.

mullet4evr

Reaction score
After a little more searching a found a work around. Some people said that if Exchange 2003 is in use, HTML will not work with ActiveSync. Needs 2007 or later. The work around I used is setting up the account to work via POP and leaving the ActiveSync account on there too (I hate the redundancy...but it works). The POP account grabs all the HTML emails that are sent from Exchange 2003 (I also read that an App called "Touchdown" will give you the HTML emails, but I don't want to use an app when I can just use the Sense UI). I hope this helps some people! I am the server admin and I hope Exchange 2010 is here in the next few months!!!

P.S. I made the switch from a BlackBerry 5 days ago and loving the DINC! Missing a few things on the BB, but I'm sure everything else available for the DINC will get rid of those reservations in another week or so! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just use TouchDown. I've tried everything, and keep coming back to TouchDown. It's worth every penny. Yes, the price is high, but if email is the main reason for using the phone -- it's not a big deal.

I got mine for free, because Motorola and Verizon realized Exchange was broken, and they teamed up with TouchDown, to give out free codes, for a couple of days. But even if mine wasn't free -- I would have paid the full price for it. It's like having Outlook, on your phone -- everything is in one app, and you can show folders, search, show Unread emails, which for me was a requirement, etc...

I also tried the free and open source mailers, but because they didn't allow me, in 1 click, see my Unread folders, I couldn't use them.