HTC's Next Flagship Called 'Hima' Gets Specs Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
strange-htc-hima-leak.jpeg

Here's an interesting tidbit of intel for your thoughtful Thursday morning. Supposedly, HTC is working on a completely new flagship internally called the "Hima." It's possible that this is simply the M9 version of the HTC One, but it could be a different device entirely. The specs which were leaked along with the name are certainly different than the rumors we heard before.

Here's the scoop:
  • 1080p 5-inch handset
  • Snapdragon 810 SoC, with four ARM Cortex-A57 cores clocked at 2.0GHz and four 1.5GHz Cortex-A53 cores in a big.LITTLE configuration - with Adreno 430 GPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • Cat6 LTE capabilities
  • 20.7MP rear camera
  • Possibly a 13 megapixel or 4 ultrapixel front facing camera
  • 2840mAh battery
This seems like a strange animal. On the one hand, the processor, cameras and radio capabilities are top-notch. On the other hand, that's a "lower-end" display and a relatively small battery. What do you guys think? Will this be the new HTC One M9, or some new HTC product. Alternatively, this "intel" could simply be bogus altogether.

Source: upleaks on Twitter HTC Hima S810 2.0GHz 4 1.5GHz 4 3GB RAM 5 FHD VoLTE CA LTE Cat.6 20.7MP front 13MP or UltraPixel 4MP 2840mAh Android 5.0 Sense 7.0

shockracer

Reaction score
The battery doesn't bother me much as I have equipped myself with a lot of ways to charge my devices no matter where I'm at. 2K res on the screen would be vary nice but still not a deal breaker since all the other specs are vary nice!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The battery doesn't bother me much as I have equipped myself with a lot of ways to charge my devices no matter where I'm at. 2K res on the screen would be vary nice but still not a deal breaker since all the other specs are vary nice!
Agree, especially Snapdragon 810!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The 810 is supposed to focus a lot on battery efficiency. It's a workhorse.

The only thing that stands out to me is the 13mp front shooter. The 4up sounds more plausible. Hopefully the rear shooter isn't an ultra pixel.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Er...is upleaks evleaks version 2?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I had to look twice as well.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I think Google Os, is the main reason why we don't have good battery life nothing that Manufacture or Snapdragon chips can do about it Unless, Google focus on battery only on the Next update instead of adding features from manufactures like HTC, LG and others.

The 810 is supposed to focus a lot on battery efficiency. It's a workhorse.

The only thing that stands out to me is the 13mp front shooter. The 4up sounds more plausible. Hopefully the rear shooter isn't an ultra pixel.

jakenader123

Reaction score
This phone is what I have been waiting for snapdragon 810 with boom sound and a 1080p screen. This thing is gonna be fast. Quad HD is really stupid even for a phone with an 810. It just defeats the purpose of a faster gpu. Why do companies waist graphics processing power and just waist battery life.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
google has been focusing on battery life. The hardware manufacturers are as well. Better processors and screens are currently leading the way in battery preservation.

I'm with you though. Android has plenty of features for Google to lay off of more bells and whistles and finally streamline Android.

To do that though they would have to put their foot down and kill OEM skins which contribute to battery drain.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Agreed.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah, but it seem Google rushes the OS without optimizing the battery life. Last time i felt Google had good battery without an issue was on Android 2.3 OS and under. Android 4.0 os started the bad battery on most device with that OS and Android 4.1 os through 4.3 os. Google need to layoff Google Now and let the users download it through Google play same with their apps as of now you can find it through play store. It will save the time and energy for users not to root . Instead of trying to buy Cyanogenmod team this year, like they tried.

google has been focusing on battery life. The hardware manufacturers are as well. Better processors and screens are currently leading the way in battery preservation.

I'm with you though. Android has plenty of features for Google to lay off of more bells and whistles and finally streamline Android.

To do that though they would have to put their foot down and kill OEM skins which contribute to battery drain.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah, but it seem Google rushes the OS without optimizing the battery life. Last time i felt Google had good battery without an issue was on Android 2.3 OS and under. Android 4.0 os started the bad battery on most device with that OS and Android 4.1 os through 4.3 os. Google need to layoff Google Now and let the users download it through Google play same with their apps as of now you can find it through play store. It will save the time and energy for users not to root . Instead of trying to buy Cyanogenmod team this year, like they tried.

We will see what VoLTE brings with 5.0.
There are quite a few devices that are being upgraded to 5.0. The comparison tests from 4.4 on those devices to 5.0 should be plenty and of enough different variety to see if Google was serious when they said battery life will be much better.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hopefully that why i sold my Nexus 4 and 5. Couldn't stand the battery life on it. Nexus 7 2012 had the best battery life in tablet even better then Nexus 7 2013. From, What I being reading the Nexus 9 battery isn't great in battery life either.
Nexus tablet i own and sold as i feel it oversized phone with slightly better battery life on some devices i own.

We will see what VoLTE brings with 5.0.
There are quite a few devices that are being upgraded to 5.0. The comparison tests from 4.4 on those devices to 5.0 should be plenty and of enough different variety to see if Google was serious when they said battery life will be much better.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This device looks like HTC trying to correct their mistake and take on the Motorola new device. That suppose to be a spinoff of the Nexus 6 with better SOC,RAM and better 64 bit instead of 32.