HTC Ville Caught in the Wild Sporting Sense 4.0 and ICS

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
htcvilleleak.jpeg

The highly anticipated HTC Ville was caught on camera and it is looking quite impressive. Sense 4.0 and ICS appear to be married perfectly on this device. The smoothness and fluidity of the UI is quite a treat. You will notice that the Live Wallpapers don't even slow down this handset. The handset is packing all the latest and greatest hardware under the hood. The Dual Core is clocked at 1.5GHZ, supported by 1GB of RAM, 4.3" qHD screen, WiFi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and an 8-megapixel main camera. The HTC Ville should be unveiled at MWC 2012 and be available on T-Mobile shortly after.

UPDATE: The video has been taken down across the web and made private. The best we can do is provide photo's.
UPDATE 2: Thanks Dusty for the link to the Video below.

[video=youtube;-rod0rzGGXM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-rod0rzGGXM[/video]​

Source: HTC Hub

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yeah they took it down pretty quick. All I can say is that the handset performed flawlessly in the video. Very smooth and fluid through screen transitions and with the opening and closing of apps.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
A shame that it has buttons. I actually prefer buttonless.
Exactly the opposite. It is encouraging to see that the stupid buttonless design is not catching on. A phone is not a mini-tablet. I do not want soft buttons eating up my screen real estate.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The video is on SlashGear:

Thanks for the vid link. Boy, if they turned off some of those crazy animations, that thing would FLY. The animations bog it down, but it still runs fairly smooth.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly the opposite. It is encouraging to see that the stupid buttonless design is not catching on. A phone is not a mini-tablet. I do not want soft buttons eating up my screen real estate.

Dear phone manufacturers,

Please do not make all phones look the same. Thanks.

Sincerely,

The public.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Dear phone manufacturers,

Please do not make all phones look the same. Thanks.

Sincerely,

The public.
LOL, I think the public has already spoken. Have you seen a great demand for not having hardware NAV buttons? Even the iPhone has one.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
whats up with all the phones now coming with 3 navi buttons instead of 4, it just looks off.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
whats up with all the phones now coming with 3 navi buttons instead of 4, it just looks off.
The forth was superfluous anyway. I never (ever) use the search button. For anything. And I have been on Android for years. Home, Menu, and Back are all we need IMO.

I dont mind having the search button there though...on custom ROMs it can be repurposed. I used it as a shortcut to Maps.

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
search...on custom ROMs it can be repurposed. I used it as a shortcut to Maps.

I use the search button tap for Search and long tap for SoundHound and Voice Search with no mods. When it asks which app to default...I never check the box. I know SoundHound has a 1x1 shortcut that goes straight to listening for music, but that takes up screen space. :)