HTC Verizon Touch Pro II

Xproject187

Reaction score
The other day I learned the hard way about doing a "HARD RESET" without doing some research first,when I reset my Eris. So please excuse me,but I don't wana start off on a wrong note by postin in the wrong place & I sure ain't finding nothing via my searches,so I figured I'd ask you all for a lil direction first(I hope that's kool)?

My Sister gave me a her old "HTC Verizon Touch Pro II" however,"I can't locate it on your forum" (So as to conduct a proper search). When I look at the Banner(Up Top) which shows various Droid models I don't see it listed even when I scroll left or rite.

So I did a search,w/keywords "Touch Pro II"(including the quotes) & I find nothing of relevance.
Am I calling it by it's correct name ? Does it go by any other name ?
Any guidance you give will be greatly appreciated & anticipated so I can get started finding out about the Pro's & Con's of Hard Resetting My (New Used HTC Verizon Touch Pro II)
Xproject187

JRParsons

Reaction score
The touch pro 2 was/is a windows 6.5 phone. This is an Android forum. There may be many people here who have some experience with that phone. But you may want to look for a Windows Mobile forum. On the plus side I spent about a year and a half with a touch pro 2 and it was probably the best experience I've ever had with a smartphone. It is an excellent phone.

OP
Xproject187

Xproject187

Reaction score
Touch Pro II is not an Android ?

Thank you JRParsons for your insightfull reply. I knew something was wrong,because I wasn't getting any search results.
I was truely concerned I'd get a Neg responce to my post(You know how some forums are?).
If the OP's a Newbie & shows even a bit of slackdackery regarding a proper search,then he'll be real lucky not to get a scollding.
So yeah,thanks Dude.
Ok,so my "HTC TP-II" is not a Droid,but rather a Windows-Phone,huh:disappointed:
Man,I could of swore I read it was a Android(My Bad).
But hey! You said you spent about a year and a half with a "HTC TP-II". Rite ?
So would you be good enough to offer insight regarding it's Reset Process" ?
I'd like to know if I'll get locked or looped out if I opt for a Reset(Hard/Soft) due to the fact that it has no service,no numbers,ect.

For instance,My Eris couldn't complete an activation call(it just kept dialing,never connecting) so the "Multi-Call/Hang Up Trick" was out.
Plus I didn't have the MDN/MIN or MSID numbers to enter during steps 6-8 outlined in the Bypass Activation Hack,so ass out on that one too.
Then I found out,my Eris "Vol-Down Button" is gone(Like someone picked at the inside of the Vol-Down buttons housing with a "Dental Pick" & left it hollow).
Which eliminated the only option I had left. So I was stuck in a "Reactivation Loop".

Yes,I eventually bypassed activation on that Eris. But all in all it took a bit of learning & research for this newbie to get it in a useable(iTouch) state,without askin for help. So what I learned is,I should explore the Pro's & Con's of the HTC TP-II reset process before I decide if I'll go for it or not.
Thanks for any consideration or direction you may give this matter.
Xproject187

JRParsons

Reaction score
I really don't remember the process, I don't remember it being difficult, and I think there was more than one way in case you were soft bricked.
I'm sure htc's website will still have a downloadable version of the manual.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I used to own a Touch Pro 2 as well, but it's been so long (and I've had so many other devices since then) that I've forgotten about the ins and outs of it. I'd recommend asking about it over in the forum for the Touch Pro 2 at XDA. For a device as old as the Touch Pro 2, it's still a fairly active forum.

OP
Xproject187

Xproject187

Reaction score
Thank You both very much,I didn't realize it was that old of a phone,in fact it's in pretty nice condition & so I planned on letting my lil girl use it like an iTouch around the house. Only I didn't wana get "Looped Out".
Ok,I'm headed over there:icon_ lala:
Thanks Guys.