DROID versus htc touch pro 2

apl3

Reaction score
Hello
Well i love my Droid but I seem to have a problem. When I first got the phone what made me get it was that I was told it would work in Malasia. Now I find out it wont plus my gps wont work there either. I am going there for a monh for work. Apparently I can go this weekend Verzon said I could look at the Touch. My question is what are the major things that I will miss that the Touch doesnt have ?I like the the google navigation on the droid I dont know what I can put on the Touch or if its comparable, So if you was me would you stick with the Droid buy a separate gps and get a gsm phone from Verizon and pay the roaming etc fees. or see if you could trade in for the global phone Htc touch pro 2? Thanks for any help.:icon_eek:

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
Your GPS on the droid will work. Though you may not get navigation in Malasia and you may have to cache the maps. I would keep the Droid. Are you going to be there indefinitely?

OP
A

apl3

Reaction score
nope just for a month thing is I love my Droid. How would I go about cacheing the maps what software would i need for that ?

Last edited:

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
I'm not sure off hand, but there have been lots of threads about caching maps in case you're somewhere where you don't have a signal. Search the threads.