HTC Thunderbolt

bigdman1989

Reaction score
OK. So I upgraded my Droid X early and went with the HTC Thunderbolt, It is an amazingly fast phone and I love that but I now regret updating. I hate how the Notification light works, (when I get an Email, Text, etc., the Notification light only blinks for about 5 min then no longer blinks. plus it thinks that a charging light is more important to stay on than if i was to get a notification!). When I use Video call apps, such as "Tango", its as if my mic and speaker are to close together and the person I'm chatting with gets feedback, (this could just be an app issue but that is one reason I got the Thunderbolt with the Front Facing camera). When i go to send a text message the prediction bar gets annoying because it is always over the send button! The HTC Thunderbolt is an amazing phone and everything but it's just not worth upgrading my Droid X for. Hopefully HTC can update something, especially with the Notification light! If anyone has any advice or feel I am just doing something wrong, please let me know! Thx ;)

kwiksilvr

Reaction score
everything you siad annoys me as well... I too went from an X to a TB.. I love the phone, but there are some quirks with the Sense 2.0

Reaction score
i'm not sure how to fix the notification light on the thunderbolt. i'm used to it since i had the eris then the incredible and now the thunderbolt... they all did the same thing. you might be able to change it if you root the phone but i honestly have no idea.

as for the texting... are you using the default message app? if you are try using chomp sms(texting app that you can fully customize) and see if the problem goes away. if not try downloading better keyboard... you can customize a few things with it and can even change the skin. with those 2 apps combined the word predictions on my phone are at the top of keyboard and the send bar is out in the open

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Try the MissedCall app. It lets you configure your notification light for color, duration, etc. (it handles more than just missed calls).

rubygirl

Reaction score
I just came from an IPhone environment (had it for four years). My new phone is just about set up like it want it. BUT....I don't know how to "screen shot" on this phone. ALSO, miss my bejeweled blitz. Has anyone heard of plans to release it on the android. Willing to purchase it!!!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, glad u joined us. Not too sure what u meant about screen shot, sorry. But for those games, u can check in the market. I used to have it on my Global but after awhile I grew out of it. I'm addicted to cut the rope Lol

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For Android, I believe there is an app for it in the market after doing some searching. Otherwise you do need to root the phone I believe. I too wish you could just press the home button and lock button to do it, but, oh well. Welcome to the forums.