HTC thunderbolt will not OTA update

crb

Reaction score
I can't get my exrooted, now stock thunderbolt to update. My wife's thunderbolt updated all by its self, here has been stock since day one.

I tried to force mine to update, but when I click check new the little window disappears after 20-30 seconds.

I wouldn't care about updating, but my signal strength has been crazy and the update seemed to help the wife's as she was having issues before.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mysfit

Reaction score
Might not have anything to do with the exroot. I still haven't received the ota update yet either. My phone is out of box stock.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

rbw62

Reaction score
I think they are issuing update in small batch by ESN. i still have not recieved update, Atlanta area.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Have you tried manually pulling the update rather than waiting for it to be pushed to your phone?

Go to settings>software update>check now

That will check for 2.11.605.5 and install it manually.

OP
C

crb

Reaction score
Have you tried manually pulling the update rather than waiting for it to be pushed to your phone?

Go to settings>software update>check now

That will check for 2.11.605.5 and install it manually.

Yes I've tried to manually update. It says checking for new software and then the window disappears.

rbw62

Reaction score
I ck manual several times day, no ota yet!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nothing here either. Has VZW released a flashable .zip file for it that we can just download and install? And if so, will it wipe out the user data, or keep it intact like an OTA would?

rbw62

Reaction score
Still no ota! Just checked for third time today.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
When are the carriers going to figure out that they shouldn't be in the software game? Just let Google release code to the manufacturers and then let them handle it.

But no, VZW wants to make a few million dollars by shoving BLockbuster, Madden NFL and a bunch of other crap that we don't want and could simply download from the market if we did, and so they have to take months to release updates and almost always screw them up.

I mean, ICS is hitting shelves in a week or two, and many Tbolt owners STILL don't even have Gingerbread yet?

Whoever makes these decisions at VZW, should be fired.

hustonsmom

Reaction score
I also have not received the update and Verizon advised that I am behind by 2 updates and the only way to correct this is to get a certified like new recondition phone. I don't want a used phone.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I also have not received the update and Verizon advised that I am behind by 2 updates and the only way to correct this is to get a certified like new recondition phone. I don't want a used phone.

Root it, that way you can flash the ruu files directly to get up to date, or root it flash a new rom based off of 2.11.605.5. You can run either liquidgrlz thundersense or orkakilla's killasense, both are a debloated version of 2.11.605.5. I'm running killasense right now and its very, very stable.

hustonsmom

Reaction score
Root it, that way you can flash the ruu files directly to get up to date, or root it flash a new rom based off of 2.11.605.5. You can run either liquidgrlz thundersense or orkakilla's killasense, both are a debloated version of 2.11.605.5. I'm running killasense right now and its very, very stable.

Is this easy to do and can any body do it if they dont have the technical experience.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Is this easy to do and can any body do it if they dont have the technical experience.

Go to YouTube and type in revolutionary thunderbolt root and watch the video on how to root. Then type in flash custom rom on thunderbolt and watch those videos. When you feel comfortable rooting and flashing ruu's or roms you can move on to those steps. Make sure to follow all the instructions for rooting, ruu's and roms because there is a risk of screwing up your phone. Now as far as how hard is it? The first time is always the hardest, but once you know what your doing it is a natural as walking.

Now for the standard disclaimer*** If you decide to root and flash roms or ruu's, you are making this choice of your own free will and any and all damage which may occur (possible bricking of your phone) is entirely your responsibility. I cannot be held accountable for your actions, only for providing you with information to make an educated decision. If at any time you do not feel like you should be taking the steps of rooting and flashing new software, you should stop****

There, that should do it.