HTC ThunderBolt v. Droid Charge

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Which would you pick, and why? I'm up for an upgrade at the end of February, but I've decided to stay away from another contract. That said, I'm looking to spend $150-200 on a used phone. The two that I've come down to are the HTC ThunderBolt or Samsung Droid Charge.

I've read numerous bad reviews on each, and on just about every site, the HTC TB has a better rating. But, I want honest user reviews, and not just "This phone sucks. Don't buy it!"

woodsie

Reaction score
I had the DROID Charge briefly last year and ended up ditching it and buying a new old stock DROID X. The battery life was terrible and 4G is of only moderate utility at the moment unless you are big on video or tethering.

My DROID X goes 30 hours pretty easy with the only slightly thicker extended battery and is still fast as blazes with launcher pro, rooted, and the memory hack to keep launcher pro in memory.

The new 4G phones look much improved but I'd skip the Charge and get a DROID X (not x2) if you are going used.

I can't speak on the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
I was given a thunderbolt as a replacement by Verizon in Sept. I had 0 issues with the phone. I upgraded to rezound in Dec. Iam a little Leary of Samsung phones. If you need more info. on bolt pm me.

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I ended up going with the Charge because the latest update really helped battery life, and the HDMI port.