HTC Thunderbolt Surfaces Again!

UNC

Reaction score
I'm kinda torn between the vPhone and the bionic myself, I'll go use a Thunderbolt when its released and check it out... but other than LTE how is this any better than a Nexus S?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

electric6

Reaction score
I'm kinda torn between the vPhone and the bionic myself, I'll go use a Thunderbolt when its released and check it out... but other than LTE how is this any better than a Nexus S?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Apple's/att's contract does not expire until 2012. Not gonna be an veriphone announced for quite a while. Check this out:

Verizon holding event Tuesday in NYC -- but for what? -- Engadget

I'm willing to bet this will be LTE pricing, and possibly the announcement of the Thunderbolt's launch date. Besides the ads do say "the first to 4G again."

hoppermi

Reaction score
Yeah I just posted the links that android central had for the RUU in the Thunderbolt forum... Great to see no Bing.. Def a positive for it.. Not sure if it was posted somewhere else but looks like the new LG phone IS binged out though...

The Revolution they had at the show was barely skinned. Just the notification pulldown. No Bing, but the little information that was shared leads me to believe that this is very much a work in progress and what they release may or may not be Tegra, Bing, etc
It would seem odd to release basically the same phone as the thunderbolt. Camera and sense notwithstanding.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The one they had in the video over at Engadget definitely was "Binged".
You have a link? The one I saw only showed the NFL app. and the home screen w/6 icons, none of which were Bing.

hoppermi

Reaction score
The bionic has a locked bootloader.....I am sure of it because of the other droid devices. It is more to ensure that the software put on the device is approved and wont cause problems. So if you want unlocked and full developer support then go htc.

No guarantee that HTC won't lock the Thunderbolt. They tried to lock the G2 but devs were able to boot from the SD card to get around it. Until someone has one, we just won't know.

Well they have the G2 fully unlocked now from the radio to s-off. The community is pretty big over on xda.

Tank,
I said they had worked around it. The point was they tried, and might try again...

fishfood

Reaction score
FYI, in case there's anyone following this thread that HASN'T watched the video of Bionic's Quadrant tests, it scored in the 2200's somewhere... don't recall the exact number... is that the benefit of dual core? Forgive my noob-ness...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
FYI, in case there's anyone following this thread that HASN'T watched the video of Bionic's Quadrant tests, it scored in the 2200's somewhere... don't recall the exact number... is that the benefit of dual core? Forgive my noob-ness...

I wonder how much of a difference it will make when a more optimized OS is dropped on it.

I mean, the Thunderbolt scored 1926 on a single core.

AndroidSPIN Exclusive: Hands on with the HTC Thunderbolt 4G

rickt1152

Reaction score

I wonder how much of a difference it will make when a more optimized OS is dropped on it.

I mean, the Thunderbolt scored 1926 on a single core.

When you consider that neither phone is OC'd, those are both pretty impressive scores. While I am scoring almost 1400 with my D1 with PE 4.1 and an 1100 Kernel, you have to remember that stock at release was around 500 or so. By comparison, a stock DX goes 1150 and when you consider how much smoother a DX is compared to the D1 and then project a similar increase in score to say the Thunderbolt, it is going to be pretty sweet. Granted the Dual Core Bionic score is higher, but I still don't buy all the opinions I've seen on this board about the Thunderbolt being "underpowered".

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Well, that's maybe just the graphic CPU doing that on the video tests? So a lot more potential when optimized to utilize both chips?

I keep going back to that Optimus 2X video crushing the IPhone in browser tests. The Thunderbolt probably fairs a little better with a better processor.

The D1 stock was, I think 250 on Quadrant. Froyo bumped that up to 500 but I remember when I oc'd to 1000 it was 5X faster at @1250. Froyo doubled the speeds with JIT.