HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

kparks

Reaction score
f
Ok let me clear some things up for all of you.
#1 the phone is coming out late Feb or early March
#2 it might not even be 4G mandatory which means you might not even have to pay for 4g if you don't want to use it
#3 should it be 4G there might be no change in data plans
#4 this will be a powerful phone, dual core or not, quadrant "scores" don't mean a single thing
#5 None of you should rely on anything the reps say because they are kept just as much in the dark as we are

Oh and just so you know none of you know anything about 4G pricing just like me so stop commenting about it as if your speculations are set in stone because some unintelligent people might mistake you for someone who knows what their talking about.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
ok its comments like this that get people confused first off let me say verizon is a buisness there not a bunch of dumbasses!! u really think they spent all that money on 4g lte to let the consumer have it for free?? GET THE F OUT DUDE.. they would not make the phone 3g and or 4g.. yes good for us but they dont care about us that would be the dumbest buisness move EVER! take sprint fore example they charge and all there high end devices are 4g weather u have it or not if u want the best guess what u gonna pay for 4g.. have u heard of any new 3g phones for verizon coming out??? no!!! ask u self why again there a buisness not a ton of retards... you ppl need to think a little bit!! sorry to be so blunt but geeze! and yes the tb will be a awsome phone1
In order to be and stay in business you have to make consumers happy my friend, you also shouldnt go around telling people to "GET THE F OUT.." and then saying sorry for being "blunt," in my book thats called being rude, im not going to argue with you or say your wrong since you were a jackass however id still like to point out that what he said is true, Sprint is definitely not like Verizon, in fact i have BOTH, i have an LG Lotus and D1 and i can attest that both of the businesses are not in any way shape or form the same. You think that jst because the TB will be another Evo 4g that it will cost as much to use a 4g data package, your wrong. If i may remind you, the "HTC Inspire" going to At&t is another Evo 4G but just because it is doesnt mean the companies that offer it are the same. I would also like to point out that they do "care" about us, not everyone is money hungry. I dont want to sound like jackass when i say this but please calm down cause i dont want this thread to be closed because you think im an idiot. One more thing to anyone who is reading this, when i went in to my VZW store two days ago, i saw an HTC Rep and overheard him talking with a couple reps and the manager about them getting a 1 hour training session on something or other, i believe it may be the Thunderbolt and how to advertise its best qualities.
im not going to argue with some1 who is prolly a 17 year old kid and knows nothing about buisness... ur out of ur mide if u think verizon is just gonna offer this for free

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
im not going to argue with some1 who is prolly a 17 year old kid and knows nothing about buisness... ur out of ur mide if u think verizon is just gonna offer this for free

Lol, I'm 16. What does age have to do with anything? I'm not sticking up for the other person, haven't even read his post, but you could be surprised how someone who is my age could easily hold a polite and intelligent conversation with someone clearly older than them. And the exact opposite can be said about someone who is in their 20s or 30s, depending on the person of course. Try another insult next time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Btw I may be 16 but I'm clearly a lot more mature than you, I know how to hold a meaningful conversation despite my age and know more about any smartphone on any carrier than you do, knowing business is also knowing the product, stop trying to bring me down to your primitive mindset, btw I hope you'll be full when you eat your words about the 4G pricing when I'm more correct than you are, because maybe then you'll learn to keep your mouth shut and not judge someone on their age.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Here's the deal. Nobody is going to argue with anyone. If it continues infractions and/or vacations will come next. Consider this your warning for both of you.

Carry on.

Sent from somewhere...

motty69

Reaction score
After the Thunderbolt and Bionic announcements I am very excited to be a VZW customer with an upcoming upgrade. I'm currently rockin' a HTC Imagio with a cracked screen and I friggen hate it. But I've jumped the gun on my NE2 the last two phones and have told myself I absolutely will not do that this time.

At this point I'm a little torn between the TB and the Bionic, but my upgrade is not till May so there should be plenty of user reviews and such by then to help me decide. I've been watching a lot of the hands on video for both phones from CES and I have to say that the Thunderbolt seems a bit more responsive than the Bionic. Could be due to Motorola's optimizations that they have stated they made to take advantage of the dual core processor. Seems like they need to do some more.

As far as LTE costing extra, from what I've heard you need a sim for LTE. So I'm hoping that by default the phones will be sold with the standard data plans, and you purchase and pay for LTE totally separately. I would almost rather see pay-as-you-go LTE sims instead of a recurring month to month plan. They are suppose to be adding LTE to my city this year though, so it will be interesting to see how all the pricing shakes out.

Last edited:

electric6

Reaction score
After the Thunderbolt and Bionic annoucements I am very excited to be a VZW customer with an upcoming upgrade. I'm currently rockin' a HTC Imagio with a cracked screen and I friggen hate it. But I've jumped the gun on my NE2 the last two phones and have told myself I asolutely will not do that this time.

At this point I'm alittle torn between the TB and the Bionic, but my upgrades not till May so there should be plenty of user reviews and such by then to help me decide. I've been watching a lot of the hands on video for both phones from CES and I have to say that the Thunderbolt seems a bit more responsive than the Bionic. Could be due to Motorolas optimizations that they have stated they made to take advantage of the dual core processor. Seems like they need to do some more.

As far as LTE costing extra, from what I've heard you need a sim for LTE. So I'm hoping that by default the phones will be sold with the standard data plans, and you purchase and pay for LTE totally seperately. I would almost rather see pay-as-you go LTE sims than a recurring month to month plan. They are suppose to be adding LTE to my city this year though, so it will be interesting to see how all the pricing shakes out.

I have heard the same about the sim cards. That would be nice. Buy it with a standard unlimited data plan, and when LTE comes in, just get a sim card and rock out.

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
After the Thunderbolt and Bionic annoucements I am very excited to be a VZW customer with an upcoming upgrade. I'm currently rockin' a HTC Imagio with a cracked screen and I friggen hate it. But I've jumped the gun on my NE2 the last two phones and have told myself I asolutely will not do that this time.

At this point I'm alittle torn between the TB and the Bionic, but my upgrades not till May so there should be plenty of user reviews and such by then to help me decide. I've been watching a lot of the hands on video for both phones from CES and I have to say that the Thunderbolt seems a bit more responsive than the Bionic. Could be due to Motorolas optimizations that they have stated they made to take advantage of the dual core processor. Seems like they need to do some more.

As far as LTE costing extra, from what I've heard you need a sim for LTE. So I'm hoping that by default the phones will be sold with the standard data plans, and you purchase and pay for LTE totally seperately. I would almost rather see pay-as-you go LTE sims than a recurring month to month plan. They are suppose to be adding LTE to my city this year though, so it will be interesting to see how all the pricing shakes out.

I have heard the same about the sim cards. That would be nice. Buy it with a standard unlimited data plan, and when LTE comes in, just get a sim card and rock out.

I have been on the TB bandwagon since August when she was labled as the Mecha and the DincHD...With that said...my allegiance is with her.

I am about to yell so cover your ears/eyes...I WILL NOT PAY 4G PRICING IF IT IS NOT AVAILABLE TO ME. I will not pay for something that I cannot utilize and I will not pay 4g EVER if it stays at the stupid tiered model that some jackass devised up. I am fully content...and I mean FULLY content with my 3g speeds and if I want faster, guess what laptops were invented to the mass and are sold cheaply, now a days.

Lets see...for 1 year on a 4g/LTE data plan on the stupid 5gb a month proposed fee would be; at a rate of $50 dollars a month...$600. Can anyone put that into perspective...that is a whopping 60gb a year for $600 dollars. FOR 1 YEAR! Many people (my self not included) get the 2 year plans. That is, for the sake of me making my point $1200 during your entire contract. Of course if you went 24 months with that pricing. My Cable connection at home runs me $50 dollars a month and here is the major difference with that...UNLIMITED Data!

My advice...with the $1200 that you would have spent...by a flipping laptop and join a wifi connection and download as much crap as you want. Who really NEEDS LTE?

Im not rich, I cant afford this garbage..I have a newborn and a wife who harps on my cell phone bill as it is...yes if you want the latest and greatest you have to pay...I understand...

I do hope that the new 4g/lte phones require the 4g/lte sim cards. Because then I can get the TB. But if they will not give me a little to keep getting my service..so long. I want to stay android, I want to keep on telling everyone I know that android is the best and that Verizon is the best...But I will switch to the iPhone regardless of how I feel towards it. I WONT PAY 4G.

If we as the superuser community that we are convince the rest of the "un-informed" population that charging at this rate is unacceptable, perhaps we could help Cellphone Carries change their greedy hands into open arms with fair rates. This is garbage and I know I am one voice, but with a collective and an open boycott of this crap, there could be change. History tells us all of this.

Done with my rant...I hope the TB is everything that we had hoped for...for my sake, because I want to stay on the android side of things...

a44kaliburll

Reaction score

I have been on the TB bandwagon since August when she was labled as the Mecha and the DincHD...With that said...my allegiance is with her.

I am about to yell so cover your ears/eyes...I WILL NOT PAY 4G PRICING IF IT IS NOT AVAILABLE TO ME. I will not pay for something that I cannot utilize and I will not pay 4g EVER if it stays at the stupid tiered model that some jackass devised up. I am fully content...and I mean FULLY content with my 3g speeds and if I want faster, guess what laptops were invented to the mass and are sold cheaply, now a days.

Lets see...for 1 year on a 4g/LTE data plan on the stupid 5gb a month proposed fee would be; at a rate of $50 dollars a month...$600. Can anyone put that into perspective...that is a whopping 60gb a year for $600 dollars. FOR 1 YEAR! Many people (my self not included) get the 2 year plans. That is, for the sake of me making my point $1200 during your entire contract. Of course if you went 24 months with that pricing. My Cable connection at home runs me $50 dollars a month and here is the major difference with that...UNLIMITED Data!

My advice...with the $1200 that you would have spent...by a flipping laptop and join a wifi connection and download as much crap as you want. Who really NEEDS LTE?

Im not rich, I cant afford this garbage..I have a newborn and a wife who harps on my cell phone bill as it is...yes if you want the latest and greatest you have to pay...I understand...

I do hope that the new 4g/lte phones require the 4g/lte sim cards. Because then I can get the TB. But if they will not give me a little to keep getting my service..so long. I want to stay android, I want to keep on telling everyone I know that android is the best and that Verizon is the best...But I will switch to the iPhone regardless of how I feel towards it. I WONT PAY 4G.

If we as the superuser community that we are convince the rest of the "un-informed" population that charging at this rate is unacceptable, perhaps we could help Cellphone Carries change their greedy hands into open arms with fair rates. This is garbage and I know I am one voice, but with a collective and an open boycott of this crap, there could be change. History tells us all of this.

Done with my rant...I hope the TB is everything that we had hoped for...for my sake, because I want to stay on the android side of things...

just to be clear..I understand that android has nothing to do with the tiered data plan...but the best 3g phone right now for verizon is either the very outdated incredible...Droid X and Samsung Galaxy S. iPhone is going to get my sale, if I am led to get one of these. Galaxy wont get the 2.2 update so Flash isnt there for her...Droid X has moto blur...and Incredible is OLD. lol...old...its only a few months older than my kid and hes pretty new!

Android1254

Reaction score
You
After the Thunderbolt and Bionic announcements I am very excited to be a VZW customer with an upcoming upgrade. I'm currently rockin' a HTC Imagio with a cracked screen and I friggen hate it. But I've jumped the gun on my NE2 the last two phones and have told myself I absolutely will not do that this time.

At this point I'm a little torn between the TB and the Bionic, but my upgrade is not till May so there should be plenty of user reviews and such by then to help me decide. I've been watching a lot of the hands on video for both phones from CES and I have to say that the Thunderbolt seems a bit more responsive than the Bionic. Could be due to Motorola's optimizations that they have stated they made to take advantage of the dual core processor. Seems like they need to do some more.

As far as LTE costing extra, from what I've heard you need a sim for LTE. So I'm hoping that by default the phones will be sold with the standard data plans, and you purchase and pay for LTE totally separately. I would almost rather see pay-as-you-go LTE sims instead of a recurring month to month plan. They are suppose to be adding LTE to my city this year though, so it will be interesting to see how all the pricing shakes out.

An LTE sim would be SWEET, and ya no one really NEEDS LTE, however it'd benefit you because the 3G network will b WAY crowded with new iphone users, I gotta question, do you think that 32gb is the sim card with lte? Cause I don't really want lte to be honest....4g is going to be expensive from what your all saying and I believe it will drain my battery too....btw guy who said he's been on the bandwagon since august, me too! I've been watching these forums and decided to finally join:) can anyone think of anyway to buy the TB and not pay for 4G if your in an area like I am?

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
You

An LTE sim would be SWEET, and ya no one really NEEDS LTE, however it'd benefit you because the 3G network will b WAY crowded with new iphone users, I gotta question, do you think that 32gb is the sim card with lte? Cause I don't really want lte to be honest....4g is going to be expensive from what your all saying and I believe it will drain my battery too....btw guy who said he's been on the bandwagon since august, me too! I've been watching these forums and decided to finally join:) can anyone think of anyway to buy the TB and not pay for 4G if your in an area like I am?

No idea how to get a 4g phone and not pay the 4g tiered data plan. But hopefully what was said about the sim card will hold true.

As for your other question about the 32gb thing. SIM Card and SD card slot are different things. your 32gb storage will be in a SD card slot and the SIM card is for something different...If im not mistaken..

If you get any response to finding a way to own a 4g phone and not pay the lte fee let me know...I live in the sticks of upstate NY and I am 4hrs away from NYC and 3hrs away from Rochester...I wont see 4g until 2013 probably.

motty69

Reaction score
No idea how to get a 4g phone and not pay the 4g tiered data plan. But hopefully what was said about the sim card will hold true.

As for your other question about the 32gb thing. SIM Card and SD card slot are different things. your 32gb storage will be in a SD card slot and the SIM card is for something different...If im not mistaken..

If you get any response to finding a way to own a 4g phone and not pay the lte fee let me know...I live in the sticks of upstate NY and I am 4hrs away from NYC and 3hrs away from Rochester...I wont see 4g until 2013 probably.

I'm hoping VZW is smarter than Sprint and does not require a 4G plan to purchase the TB. If LTE does require a separate sim (and that seems to be the case) I'm hoping that VZW sells the phone and LTE sim separately. That would make the most sense, especially if they are going to charge a premium for LTE before it's available to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.