HTC Sync v 3.0.5511 - For TB Download

jlambeth1

Reaction score
Thanks from me as well. I'm glad I have a good way to back up my pics and videos of my kids now.

hogowner

Reaction score
I downloaded the HTC Sync software on my laptop. I have Windows XP....I plug in the USB cable to the laptop and when I open up the HTC software it says "no device connected"

I do go to the Setting menu on my TB and change the PC connection options, but it still does not "sync" with the software.

Does anyone know what steps I am missing?

Thanks

Greg Elmassian

Reaction score
Happens a lot, I assume you have the little icon in your notification area. Try starting the sync from the phone... bring up the notification menu, then select the usb, and then select the sync option and done... after a bit it should work... AFTER it brings up the verizon page in your browser...

Greg

hogowner

Reaction score
Happens a lot, I assume you have the little icon in your notification area. Try starting the sync from the phone... bring up the notification menu, then select the usb, and then select the sync option and done... after a bit it should work... AFTER it brings up the verizon page in your browser...

Greg

worked Greg

THANKS!!!

craighwk

Reaction score
Thanks! Found this on a google search. Three hours cut down to 3 minutes.

nerdkill

Reaction score
Thanks, worked for me as well.

What's the difference between this and drag and dropping?

Greg

Greg Elmassian

Reaction score
Sync does a little more sophisticated functions than just move a file from A to B.

In your contact list, for example, it SYNChronizes the changes on "each side", the phone and your contact manager.

Same with music/playlists, your calendar.

So, no matter which "Side" you made changes on, the PC or the phone, after syncing, everything is the same on both sides.

Greg

nerdkill

Reaction score
Sync does a little more sophisticated functions than just move a file from A to B.

In your contact list, for example, it SYNChronizes the changes on "each side", the phone and your contact manager.

Same with music/playlists, your calendar.

So, no matter which "Side" you made changes on, the PC or the phone, after syncing, everything is the same on both sides.

Greg

Thanks... :)

dajogejr

Reaction score
I use active sync for email, calendar and contacts for work.
Aside from being able to sync music and pictures (which as said...can be done with drag and drop) is there anything else I'm missing from not using this?

Thanks...

TcRoc

Reaction score
I get the prompt to download verizon vcast ,, is this part of HTC sync? Do I it need to work with HTC Sync.

The download went through now its uplaoding all pics video music to Verizon VCast Media Manager