htc senseish roms

droidmatic

Reaction score
so I was reading android central and I saw a thing about them doing a rom dump for the new htc thunderbolt. My question is this, why don't we have any sense-ish roms for the D2? Is it just because there isn't any interest in it, or are devs worried about htc coming down on them? Or is this just a stupid question because it isn't possible? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
so I was reading android central and I saw a thing about them doing a rom dump for the new htc thunderbolt. My question is this, why don't we have any sense-ish roms for the D2? Is it just because there isn't any interest in it, or are devs worried about htc coming down on them? Or is this just a stupid question because it isn't possible? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

That is not a stupid question at all sir. In fact when I first got my Droid 2, I wondered the same thing. As I was looking into it, I found that there is indeed a functioning Sense ROM that will work on the original Droid. It was rummored to have too many bugs for any type of release though. So basically as much as I don't really understand why more people don't make this happen? I wouldn't get your hopes up for a release anytime in the near future.

Thanks,
DroidzforLife

Reaction score
Ahh the HTC Sense port for the D1. It was released and most of the bugs go ironed out but the main problem was the RIL. We had RIL issues which when our 3G was on, we couldn't receve calls. The RIL had to be completly rewritten and was close to being done so, but was never released and actually caused the distruction of alldroid. Alldroid is back, but nothing near to the scale it used to be. The reason that there is not one for the Droid 2 is not that there is a lack of intrest (im sure that there is a huge inturest) but is most likely because of how locked down your phone is (efuse). Kush'es bootstrap allows for costom roms but you cant get costom kernals (hence the reason for milestone overclock method).