HTC Rezound and Prius Bluetooth

tkir1968

Reaction score
I have no problem with the Rezound Auto Connecting, but the sound quality is horrible. I can hear fine on my end in the car, but everyone I call complains that it has a horrible echo and breaks up throughout the call, rendering my bluetooth near useless. :frown: I am very disappointed as this was one the one optional feature I had to have when purchasing my car.

I have taken it to the service dept and they say it is the phone. I am inclined to believe them since the tech connected another Droid and it was clear sounding. Anyone else have this issue? And can anyone suggest a solution? I am considering buying the OttoNavi which uses its own bluetooth, but that is an expensive fix to something that should not require spending additional dollars. Has anyone else connected a Rezound to a Prius? and if so, what is the reception like?

I would appreciate any answers and/or guidance, feedback that can be provided. Thank you!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with the Rezound Auto Connecting, but the sound quality is horrible. I can hear fine on my end in the car, but everyone I call complains that it has a horrible echo and breaks up throughout the call, rendering my bluetooth near useless. :frown: I am very disappointed as this was one the one optional feature I had to have when purchasing my car.

I have taken it to the service dept and they say it is the phone. I am inclined to believe them since the tech connected another Droid and it was clear sounding. Anyone else have this issue? And can anyone suggest a solution? I am considering buying the OttoNavi which uses its own bluetooth, but that is an expensive fix to something that should not require spending additional dollars. Has anyone else connected a Rezound to a Prius? and if so, what is the reception like?

I would appreciate any answers and/or guidance, feedback that can be provided. Thank you!

Bluetooth is a known issue with the Rezound and ICS ROMs. However if you're still on Gingerbread it should be fine. You may just have a bad BT chip in your phone. Or the way it's setup isn't right. Either way I'd take the easy route and exchange the phone and if that works the same then you know there's probably something up with the phone that won't work for you. Maybe try another handset or pair a friends phone and see if it has the same issue...You're going to have to test this out in order to find a solution that works for you.

forumjunkie44

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my rezound. I tried 4 different Bluetooth devices and they all sounded awful including my wife's VW Jetta stereo Bluetooth. Finally I just returned it and got the RAZR. I've had no problem since. However I do miss HTC sense. But I gotta have Bluetooth for my tractor trailer driving job.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rezoundbound1

Reaction score
Hi I also am having issues with my bluetooth. I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the sound quality is fine on my end but the person I am talking to usually is complaining about static voice, my voice going in and out, or my voice being too loud or not loud enough. I checked with the Jeep dealership and there are no bluetooth updates for my car. Strangely enough the reason I made the jump to the rezoned was because after a certain OTA update my incredible would no longer connect to my bluetooth....I replaced the phone 3 times and then finally called it quits....now I am back to square one. I think we just need to replace it. Let me know what you find out. Thanks

forumjunkie44

Reaction score
I haven't had a rezound in about 2 months. I decided to have another try. Same issues on Bluetooth, very distorted on callers end. I can hear fine but callers constantly complaining about my audio. After $35 restocking fee back to the original phone.