Bluetooth heart rate monitor and HTC Rezound

Malkavian

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor to use with Endomondo on my Rezound. Is anyone else doing this and if so what monitor do you have and have you had any problems with it.

Endomondo suggests the Zephyr HXM or the Polar Wear Link.

I know the Rezound is running Bluetooth 3.0, or at least that is what the phone says.

Thanks
Michael

acejavelin

Reaction score
(From HTC website)

The Rezound does have support for BLUETOOTH v3.0 - Bluetooth® Profiles Supported: HSP, HFP, SPP, A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP, AVDTP, AVCTP, OPP (vCard, Music, Album, Cal), PBAP, FTP (Server Side only)

Here is a link to what all those mean: Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As long as the Heart Rate Monitor device uses one of those profiles AND there is a Android app that support ICS, you should be good to go.

OP
M

Malkavian

Reaction score
I bet they are all on different profiles so they can run simultaneously without conflicting with each other.

I will need to try it out when I get the monitor.

Michael

lowtempo

Reaction score
Yup

Im using the Sports Tracker App with the Bluetooth Heart Rate monitor. It works great.

OP
M

Malkavian

Reaction score
I also use Jaybird bluetooth headphones. I'm also hoping that I can use them along with the heartrate monitor.