HTC Rezound 2750mAh extended battery is gigantic

SixEighteen

Reaction score
HTC Rezound 2750mAh extended battery is gigantic | The Verge
View attachment 42582
"At 0.54 inches thick, the HTC Rezound is already far from the thinnest smartphone LTE smartphone on Verizon — that distinction belongs to the Droid RAZR. HTC has included a 1620mAh battery within that frame, which should get you through a regular day, as we found in our review. However, there are times when you need more and HTC is obliging with an extended battery for the Rezound. Clocking in at 2750mAh, the extended battery is not fooling around when it comes to added juice, but the thickness it adds to the Rezound is substantial. Htcpedia, which briefly examined the battery, estimates that the total thickness the the extended battery is 3/4 of a inch.The battery comes with a cover to accommodate its girth which matches the original's textured back but does away with the Beats Audio branding. The back is especially important because the antenna for the Rezound is built into it — so it's likely that if you're looking for an extended battery for the Rezound, this is your only option. However, there may be also an inductive charging option on the way, if HTC's modification to its FCC filing for the device is any indication. The battery retails for somewhere in the neighborhood of $50."

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
OMFG! That appears to be even bigger than the Droid X extended battery. The issue with these is rarely does anyone come out with a protective cover you can use in conjunction. I know I could never find one for my Dinc or my X. I did manage to manufacture one though. :p

hatchin

Reaction score
I call that the "Business battery". My local store couldn't even order it and I have the HTC part # so I will probably order one on the HTC store.

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
well i purchased the extended battery and case from vzw when i picked up the phone, on one over night charge i went 8hrs with pandora playing, for 8hrs with the screen on for half that, web browsing through out my hour lunch break and just plain playing around with it, it finally died at about 6 oclock, i wanted to discharge it fully before another full charge at see if i can beat that

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
OMFG! That appears to be even bigger than the Droid X extended battery. The issue with these is rarely does anyone come out with a protective cover you can use in conjunction. I know I could never find one for my Dinc or my X. I did manage to manufacture one though. :p
I use the Seidio holster clip on case for my Incredible with the extended battery, U also have a hard silicon sleeve bought at htpedia.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Looks nice.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me, I don't mind the extra bulk :)

ToddClark

Reaction score
Looks good to me, I don't mind the extra bulk :)
i agree. I just hope i can find a holster that will fit on my belt that doesnt have one of those cheap ass'd belt clips that break at the drop of a hat. Im in construction and some of the tight areas i have to get in tend to grab the holster and pull it. The cheap clips on most of the belt holsters just snap. Ive found ONE that works great for my DroidX, but i dont think the larger Rezound will fit in the velcro case of this one.

wsettle

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of dead air space in that extended back. It looks like they could have made a 4000+mA capacity battery by using Li-Poly technology as it could have filled every nook and cranny of the over-sized back.