HTC Responds to Apple's Complaints to the ITC

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htcvapple.jpeg

Earlier today we ran an article about how Apple is seeking an import and sales ban on HTC devices. In a complaint filed with the ITC, Apple claims 29 HTC devices are currently infringing on their intellectual property, mostly involving a patent on how the devices handle data tapping. HTC has responded to this complaint simply stating "The U.S. Customs office has reviewed and approved HTC devices for import into the U.S., as they are in compliance with the ITC's ruling". U.S. Customs is currently allowing HTC devices to enter the country without issue. We'll keep you updated, but until then let us know what you think in the forums.

Source: Phone Arena

Malkavian

Reaction score
The interesting part of this particular suit is that Apple claims it is their intellectual property on how the system is interpreting information and asking what you want to do with it. i.e. email address it will ask do you want to add to contacts, etc. PC based email programs have been doing that for years, why isn't Apple going after Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird or other email programs that do it. I believe they have been doing it long before the iPhone was invented.

I'm just saying.

nikecar

Reaction score
Pressing a link for more options is akin to right clicking in both pc and mac computers. It's industry standard.

Another reason why I won't buy Apple products.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

shockracer

Reaction score
Funny how Apple is fighting a loosing battle for the smartphone market, lmao! Maybe they should stop locking down there devices and software, then maybe they would have a chance.