HTC Passion 2009 Release Not Likely

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
htc-passion-dragon-bravo.jpg

Digitimes.com broke a story this morning that will disappoint many in hopes of a HTC Passion/Dragon/Bravo being released before Christmas. The report indicates that HTC's first Android 2.0 or by then possibly Android 2.1 smart phone slated for Verizon will likely be pushed back to an early 2010 release according to "market sources".

"HTC is working to further advance the software attached to the Passion, explained the sources, who are familiar with the Passion roadmap. The Passion will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 1GHz CPU and equipped with a 3.5-inch multi-touch OLED display."

mach330

Reaction score
this sux...looks like i gotta admire my wife's droid for a bit longer.

JayMonster

Reaction score
After looking at the "roadmap" and the supposed leaks of phone designs coming from HTC... all I can think is...1.I am glad I got my Droid and didn't wait longer. and 2. It looks (to me) like the Droid will continue to be top dog in the Android world as none of these phones look like showstoppers to grab the mantel from the Droid.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
After looking at the "roadmap" and the supposed leaks of phone designs coming from HTC... all I can think is...1.I am glad I got my Droid and didn't wait longer. and 2. It looks (to me) like the Droid will continue to be top dog in the Android world as none of these phones look like showstoppers to grab the mantel from the Droid.

Couple people been saying the same thing and I'm starting to believe them... yea the snap dragon processor intrigues me but HTC doesn't have a device that 'stands out' like the droid (ugly or not it's known)

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
Like jaymonster said, the motodroid will continue to be the top dog. Anyways the specs on the passion aren't that great as first thought well except for the amoled screen and the snapdragon come to find out that the screen is actually 3.5" I was praying for the 4.7" darn

phamous

Reaction score
HTC Bravo pictured more lucidly (Update: coming to US in January as HTC Passion) -- Engadget

^^
HTC Bravo AKA, htc passion, aka htc dragon?

are all the same names for the same phone

and you don't get more reputable than engadget and xda

"Update: If you were wondering about the difference between the Bravo and the recently leaked Passion, there is none other than the branding, apparently. We're also hearing that the above handset will be available in the US in January, a cool three months ahead of the expected European release."

that means the following :

"We realize we might have overfed you a little with that plentiful leak of HTC's 2010 plans, so here's a chance to better ogle and digest HTC's "Performance" flagship to be: the Bravo. Pairing Android with Qualcomm's 1GHz Snapdragon and presenting a 3.7-inch AMOLED facade, this certainly ticks the headline boxes, and the addition of a five megapixel AF cam capable of 720p video capture gives it an extra sheen of 2010 newness. The picture above is accompanied by less solid info indicating a 1,400mAh battery, which will be joined by the mandatory WiFi, Bluetooth and MicroUSB connectivity, plus MicroSD expansion, FM radio tuner, digital compass, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Then again, the source is the same bunch of heroes responsible for our extra early -- and accurate -- info on the HD2, so those specs may be considered pretty reliable. Oh, if you're wondering about the touchscreen, it's capacitive, like it should be."

would be the most correct

Reaction score
i thought that the screen size was supposed to blow the droid and the iphone out of the water with 4 inches? this first post says its only 3.5. can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks!

GenkiElite

Reaction score
Agreed, everything I had heard stated it would have a 4.2 in screen if i remember correctly. 3.5 is nice but now im on the fence if it's correct.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
i thought that the screen size was supposed to blow the droid and the iphone out of the water with 4 inches? this first post says its only 3.5. can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks!

Blow it out of the water? The Droid has a 3.7 inch screen...so you consider .3 inches to be blowing the competition out of the water?

JayMonster

Reaction score
Blow it out of the water? The Droid has a 3.7 inch screen...so you consider .3 inches to be blowing the competition out of the water?

It is all about perspective... ".3 inches" doesn't sound that much bigger, does it... but when you say "10% larger" it makes "all the difference in the world" (allegedly) :smile:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

It is all about perspective... ".3 inches" doesn't sound that much bigger, does it... but when you say "10% larger" it makes "all the difference in the world" (allegedly) :smile:

That is a good way of looking at it. I didn't even think about those .3 inches being 10% of the screen.

JoeProcopio

Reaction score
i was really hoping for the 4.3" screen from the HD2...the HD2 w/ Snapdragon/Android 2.1/4.3" screen, HTC Sense....now That's a game changer....

still will get the Bravo if indeed it does come to VZW as CDMA version...my Voyager is starting to really irritate me........

the MotoDroid without the slideout would work for me too...if that was to come to VZW...can you tell I'm on VZW? although my contract is up, I have the family plan, so doesn't make sense to switch just yet....

but if Nexus1 runs Voip which has been bantered around a bit...may be a possibility...

ahh what could be....just release the damn phone already, lol