HTC One M9 Coming in March with 20MP Camera, Snapdragon 810 & Dolby Audio

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bloomberg-HTC-One-M9-will-sport-a-20-MP-camera-Snapdragon-810-and-Dolby-audio.jpg

Here's the latest intel straight from Bloomberg on the upcoming HTC One M9. According to their report, the next generation of the HTC One will become available to consumers in March.

Along with the March release time-frame, they supposedly have intel regarding several of its specs and features. Here's what they shared:
  • Snapdragon 810 chipset
  • 20MP Camera
  • Dolby 5.1 audio technology
  • Slimmed down front facing speakers to make the display slightly larger without changing the overall size of the phone
  • Sense 7 UI with "improved location-based services"
As we reported previously, HTC announced their big reveal press event which will take place just before Mobile World Congress 2015 on March 1st. Here at DF HQ we can't wait to see what HTC has cooked up for us this year!

Bonus: Along with Bloomberg's report of the HTC One M9 smartphone, their source supposedly also shared that HTC will be revealing a smartwatch of some kind. What do you guys think of that?

For more HTC One M9 discussions head over to our dedicated section: HTC One M9 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

Valvoline

Reaction score
Dolby 5.1. Smh. Have we forgotten what that actually means? 5 speakers in the front and a subwoofer in the back? For that movie theater feel, Lol

I would like to see Bose or B&O get in the game of outfitting phones with their speakers

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
yeah not sure how they will replicate 5.1 sound on a phone. Probably similar to how they configure soundbars.

S5 tap'n

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dolby 5.1. Smh. Have we forgotten what that actually means? 5 speakers in the front and a subwoofer in the back? For that movie theater feel, Lol

I would like to see Bose or B&O get in the game of outfitting phones with their speakers
Yeah... It seems silly to put Dolby 5.1 processing in a phone with only stereo speakers sitting inches from each other. It's just a marketing gimmick...

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Slimming down the speakers, oooh yeaaah. I may get this. My two gripes with the M8 were the screen size relative to the overall size, and the camera, and it looks like they're addressing both.

on the move..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
yeah not sure how they will replicate 5.1 sound on a phone. Probably similar to how they configure soundbars.

S5 tap'n
Agree.. Simulated in software is my guess.

VirtualCLD

Reaction score
Yeah... It seems silly to put Dolby 5.1 processing in a phone with only stereo speakers sitting inches from each other. It's just a marketing gimmick...
The only way I could see doing real 5.1 is if the phone supported some sort of mini-HDMI or video and audio output that supported 5.1. However, I don't think there is anyway to hook this phone up to a TV system via cables.

As an example, I have a laptop with HDMI out that supports Dolby 5.1, so if I play a movie with 5.1 and I plug it into my A/V system with an HDMI cable, I can get Dolby 5.1 audio.

That being said, why play movies on your TV with your phone plugged into it? I thought it was all about streaming nowadays.