Will your next phone be the HTC One M9?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I can't believe that this phone is getting hammered by reviewers. They were ranting and raving about how great the design was for two years running and now that HTC has brought even more design enhancements to it the reviewers are all Ho-Humm now.

I've read everything from how the 20MP camera is not as good as it should be to how it gets warm from using it to how it has a slight edge that wraps around it that digs into your hand.

You've heard forever and a day now about how HTC has the leading phone design in the Android ecosystem. Since they stuck with a great design they are now getting burned for it.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
You've heard forever and a day now about how HTC has the leading phone design in the Android ecosystem. Since they stuck with a great design they are now getting burned for it.
I think its because its in the 3rd revision and we aren't used to that yet.

I really think HTC found something they are comfortable with, listened to their fans, and then got bit in the butt. I still think its one of the best devices on the market. I believe I'm still going to upgrade to it, and will probably love it. Maybe we are near the peak of innovation for phones.

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
Now not sure what to think -
Maybe 3 summary columns of whats best of HTC,
vs Sam, vs iPhone - I tend to hold onto phones longer than most.

I did iPhone3s for 3 years, then jumped straight to S4 just about the time I came here, mainly for the major 5" screen vs 3"

Getting to this age, reaching for readers all the time is a drag.
Now 5"+ is going the norm.

iPhone hands down do have probably the Best video w/o
any fuss. But then all the restrictions built in.

S4's video is not bad, I don't have the specs handy,
but the S4's lens view could have been wider. Photo Mostly.

I have not held an HTC, but is its OS windows?
If Costco had HTC that day, vs the S4, it might have happened.

App's - Quite dramatic coming from Apple, where you never saw all the background DNA needed of skin/blood samples needed by Droid app vendors, and backend always connected eating data.
That was torture to sort out & kill back end of apps.

Seeing blatant consent to turn on features at will of sound & camera?
No FaceBook app on my set. If I do go, Its straight to full web site.
So to be fair - At this stage, we don't fully use the set anywhere near whats normal for most.

Another 7-8 months on this S4, is quite easy to do.
Heck - just got first crack at NFC, to instant bump connect to Headsets & quite impressed.