HTC One M8 Camera

Sherry

Reaction score
I had the HTC DNA and LOVED LOVED the camera. One of my favorite features was the HDR setting and the auto enhance ability. I did my research and indications were that this M8 was supposed to have a superior camera. I am not so impressed. Anybody have any suggestions on what I might be missing?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I never had the DNA ...I can only compare camera to phones I've used such as G2 and N3...camera is not the best on this phone ..I find it does well in low light and selfie shots lol ..average on pics and if you are into camera not outstanding ...for peeps like me it enough ...N3 pics were better and G2 except for low light ...I'm far from expert ..hehe

M8 tap'd

hkwise01

Reaction score
I came from a DNA as well and completely agree. The m8's camera is terrible. The pictures during the day are always washed out and blurry, but the low light pictures are a massive improvement over the DNA. Trying to take a picture of objects that are far off is useless with the m8 and to be completely honest if I didn't love the metal build and front facing speakers I would be all over the G3.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I was reading somewhere the lens has some film or something which peeps feel makes the washed look on pics ...I thought about G3 but like the build and speakers like yourself ..and I compared UI is quicker on m8 ..more fluid IMO than G3 ...plus I like my phone unlocked ..lol

M8 tap'd

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Reaction score
Thanks all, had not run across the film issue, was thinking I was just being picky. Do love the phone, and have not found anything I believe compares to everything else the M8 offers... Hope they get a clue and maybe a software update to improve the camera.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yup maybe a little software update will help ..I'm on latest 4.4.3 and didn't see any thing for camera ...phone otherwise rocks ...and tbh camera is good enough for me ...but I can see most complaints bc they advertise as it's great new and improved ...hmmm I will disagree on that one ..haha

M8 tap'd