HTC keyboard on DROID -non-root-

brochaos

Reaction score
butch, the main folder. what you see when you open the drive.

and sweet baby jesus this is a sweet keyboard. even comes with awesome T9 and compact qwerty! voice input works a treat as well.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Is this for rooted phones only?
It says non-root dude. ;)

also these might be a silly questions but could anybody let me know more feedback(is it better than the default keyboard?, sluggish?, battery shortage..etc)

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I installed the apk files and the other two files and extracted them in astro from my phone but when I go to the language and keyboard settings I dont see an option that says 'touch plu keyboard" or whatever..what am I doing wrong???

golffreaksi

Reaction score
Droid Rebooted twice since installing this into Simply Stunning 2.0.2.

Not compatible with ESE53?

yankees2009

Reaction score

jnd121

Reaction score
Before I install this, can this be uninstalled easily?

moot

Reaction score
Can any confirm/deny this not working with the qwerty keyboard?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is terrific - thanks for posting it. Installed it on my phone and my wifes - WAY easier to type and the voice works pretty well.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still prefer Swype but this is a close second... The voice function works better than you'd expect.

ZBoater

Reaction score
I like it better than the stock or Better keyboards. The keys are crisper, the predictive features are very nice, and it has a ton of options. The only small gripe is that the keyboard doesnt fill up the entire screen in landscape. It's the Droid's fault for having such an high res screen! :icon_ devil:

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Tried physical keyboard in AK Notepad, no prediction, even after I enabled it. Oh well. I'm definitely liking this keyboard a lot better than anything else. One-button switch between English and Russian? Yes please!

Update, I realized I didn't have the HTC_IME file in the root of my SD card. Placed it there, and now I have prediction with my physical keyboard! Awesome!!! :icon_ banana:

rokky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone X
I had an Eris for a while around Christmas/New Year, but the narrow keys of the on-screen keyboard caused too much fat-fingering to be useful (esp with my winter-dried fingertips). Is this the same size, or is it wider (on the Eris - cannot stand the Motorola's form factor and uselessly tiny/qwerty physical keyboard)? Someone had suggested a stylus for iPhone might work (for my preferred input method), but not being built-in, and costing extra discouraged me from trying.

Between that issue and the inability to tether my work laptop even with PDAnet for Android (works fine with WinMobile 6.1 on XV6800 and XV6700, but not other more recent WinMo phones I have tried - go figure), I regretfully returned the Eris.

If this improves the onscreen keyboard sizing (no hope for Dvorak instead of retarding/retarded qwerty I suppose...), and tethering works any better, I might consider giving it another shot - all the other features were so cool, but those 2 issues were deal-breakers for me.