HTC Incredible battery life?

jamjr74

Reaction score
Any reviews of the Incredibles battery life? I know some were lucky to get it early. How is it compared to the Droid's?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
One review I read indicated they found it to be comparable to the Nexus One, perhaps a little worse. No comparison to the Droid.

shamus

Reaction score
But don't worry, VZW will soon have an extended battery sitting on the shelves next to the Incredible. Price not yet available.

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
One guy on this forum reported 36 hours.... not sure on the usage he did in those 36 hours but that's what he said.

Yeah I saw that!!! If it's acurrate sign me up!! 36 hrs is great but that must be very light use.

joeymoose

Reaction score
It's too early to tell. Once the Droid was rooted we started to see ROM's with better battery life...

dswilkins

Reaction score
Charged mine all night. Took it off the charger at 5AM. Used it VERY infrequently all morning. Battery indicator at yellow (very low) by 11AM. NOT GOOD!!!!!!!

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
Charged mine all night. Took it off the charger at 5AM. Used it VERY infrequently all morning. Battery indicator at yellow (very low) by 11AM. NOT GOOD!!!!!!!

Just wondering if you have wifi and bluetooth on? Any app killers or juice defender on?

dswilkins

Reaction score
wifi and bluetooth were off. don't know what an appkiller or juice defender is - I'm a droid newb...came over from blackberry. I did read a post about setting my email download frequency back. (currently at 15 minutes on yahoo email) I moved it to 30 minutes to see. Possibly will switch to my gmail account if I keep the device. The jury is still out.

I'm loving some of the features, but i run a business and outlook seems (on day 1 at least) to be much more elegant and business friendly than google mail/calendar.

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
wifi and bluetooth were off. don't know what an appkiller or juice defender is - I'm a droid newb...came over from blackberry. I did read a post about setting my email download frequency back. (currently at 15 minutes on yahoo email) I moved it to 30 minutes to see. Possibly will switch to my gmail account if I keep the device. The jury is still out.

I'm loving some of the features, but i run a business and outlook seems (on day 1 at least) to be much more elegant and business friendly than google mail/calendar.

Go to market and download juice defender!!!

It is a battery app that helps battery life!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
From the only direct comparison between the Incredible and the Droid I've seen...

"...The Motorola DROID comes with a 1400mAh battery that is rated to provide up to 6.4 hours of talk time, while the HTC Droid Incredible has a lower capacity 1300mAh battery that is rated at 5.2 hours of talk time. During our testing we were able to get an amazing 7hr 30min of continuous talk time on the Motorola DROID, but only 5hr 30min of talk time on the HTC Droid Incredible. For normal mixed usage, which includes some talk, text, web, and standby, we were able to get nearly a day on the Motorola DROID before needing to connect the charger, but the HTC Droid Incredible was only able to last about 18 hours. So it appears that the extra processing power of the HTC does eat-up the battery faster..."

Motorola DROID and HTC Droid Incredible: side by side - page3 (Phone Arena Reviews)

infinitempg

Reaction score
Pre-ordered my Incredible and had it for a couple days now. Charged battery full first night and really didn't do much on it but by noon my battery warning popped up to put phone on charger. Now I added Advanced Task Killer and that seems to of helped but by lunch today with very little use, the battery bar had noticeably dropped. So lunchtime right now means plop it on the charger. Trying some other apps like Juice Defender but still need time to play with....