Droid Battery Life

MikeCheck

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Droid phone but don't know which one to get. I was looking at the Incredible, but I hear its battery life is not the greatest. Battery life is one of the most important features for me.

Which phone should I get? Should I wait for something else that is coming out soon?

aristo1963

Reaction score
When I got my droid 1 I bought a spare battery and charger,I have used it once since then.I do switch them out now and then just to keep em cycled.

Josefius

Reaction score
I think there is currently a bug with HTC Droid Incredible and charging. You have to charge it while it's on, then unplug/power off and plug back in and charge to green again. I hope they get an update, since that's giving it a bad rap for battery life.

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
the battery life in my x is horrible

My brother is finding it out the hard way, I thought I heard the X was supposed to be better than the D1. But try juice-defender like someone mentioned.
And on that note could someone give tips on it? Or do you have to buy the full app for the best usage of juice-defender

OP
M

MikeCheck

Reaction score
X

I have no interest in the X. I would assume it's battery life was terrible and I have no need for an "HD" phone. I also don't like the larger size.

How does Juice Defender work? How much life does it really add? Can I go a couple days without charging it?

Josefius

Reaction score
I have no interest in the X. I would assume it's battery life was terrible and I have no need for an "HD" phone. I also don't like the larger size.

How does Juice Defender work? How much life does it really add? Can I go a couple days without charging it?

I would imagine the giant screen and constant use would drain the battery pretty fast. Most people are probably playing with it a lot since it's so new.

OP
M

MikeCheck

Reaction score
I would imagine the giant screen and constant use would drain the battery pretty fast

Exactly. Giant screen and enhanced graphics don't add to battery life.

Is anything new on the horizon? Just how long does the incredible's battery last? How about the Droid?

Last edited:

ffej89

Reaction score
Buy a battery of ebay for 9 bucks and you dont have to worry. This is not the iphlop you can take the back off and switch tha battery

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't even see how these generalized battery discussions are useful. Has anyone actually tested the various devices under the same specific conditions and usage or are people just going by what they've read? Battery life is really going to depend far more on your specific usage than any inherent characteristics of the device itself. Read the battery life threads for strategies on maximizing.

OP
M

MikeCheck

Reaction score
Picked up the Droid 2 on Thursday morning.
What does Juice Defender actually do? It looks like there are a lot of customization options available. Any recommendations on where to start?

AtrusNex

Reaction score
Droid X has some software issues that have been killing the battery by not letting it go to sleep. Supposedly the X has very good battery life with this problem out of the way. A lot of tests have shown the X has more the double the talk time of the iPhone 4 which is known for it's good battery life. I imagine they'll fix the bug with the Froyo update and it will have killer battery life. Otherwise if it ever gets the ability to get custom ROMs you'll be able to get rid of the blur interface completely, which is most likely the cause of the phone not being able to go to sleep.