HTC G2 Facebook issue

TMitch8

Reaction score
I would have said this was a Faccebook app issue but it seems that I can't even connect to Facebook.com via my Droid browser either. I only have this problem when I am connect via my secure wireless network at home. When I'm on the road and using my cell network there is no problem, not is there a problem connecting at work over an unsecure network. The strange part is that I can surf the web all I want via my Droid browser over my home network, just as long, it seems, as I don't try to access Facebook. I did try hitting facebook.com via Firefox for Droid but I was only able to connect for a brief minute and that was it.

Has anybody run into anything similar to this at all? It just makes no sense to me whatsoever.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Sorry you are having issues, but it sounds like the problem was on Facebook's end. Hopefully you are able to get signed in and back to normal in no time.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am not familiar with your phone but we do have a sub-section for the HTC G2 at our sister site Android.net... HTC G2 - hopefully it will be of some help :)...good luck!

OP
T

TMitch8

Reaction score
I may have solved it but still at a loss as to why. I went into the wifi settings and clicked "Forget" on my wireless network. Then I did a search for wireless networks and found it again and re-connected. All is well since then. Thanks to those who took time to respond.