Htc eris problem

Asterisk

Reaction score
So my girlfriend has the htc eris and it is acting up. When she is on the home screen or trying to text it will keep going to the right no matter what she does. I am thinking about doing a factory reset but I don't know if that will work or not. The phone did get a little wet but only where it plugs in and it charges just fine so I know that isn't the problem. I'm also thinking about calling htc and seeing if I can get out replaced or fixed.

nds1970

Reaction score
Random screen movement...

I have an Eris with the same issue. The screen randomly moves the home screen to the right, going all the way to the left screen. Sometimes it is difficult to get it to move back either with my finger or the trackball.

Anyone else see this happen?

I haven't changed or added any software to it recently. It just started happening.

OP
Asterisk

Asterisk

Reaction score
I have an Eris with the same issue. The screen randomly moves the home screen to the right, going all the way to the left screen. Sometimes it is difficult to get it to move back either with my finger or the trackball.

Anyone else see this happen?

I haven't changed or added any software to it recently. It just started happening.
Does it happen any other time besides on the home screen?

My girlfriends eris is full stock with 2.1 update. Can someone please help?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nds1970

Reaction score
It's happening from any screen and it goes all the way to the left screen. As I'm typing this the curser has been moving to the left as well. Very annoying.

Please help.

OP
Asterisk

Asterisk

Reaction score
Ok that is what is happening to my girlfriends phone. She keeps getting pissed and I don't know what to do.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Asterisk

Asterisk

Reaction score
Bump.
I really don't want this thread to get lost forever. Sorry if I am breaking any rules. Just let me know and I will stop.

nds1970

Reaction score
Ok... I found some info on Verizon's forum about this issue. Nothing conclusive, but it was suggested that this is a hardware issue and should be replaced. This will be my second replacement in 2 weeks so I think I may be going back to a Blackberry.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't go to Blackberry, go to Motorola :) or try the LG Ally or something.

Android isn't the issue, HTC is.

nds1970

Reaction score
So go to Motorola over the HTC incredible? Anyone else.have opinions on either device?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Incredible isn't bad but I've heard issues with the screen and battery. Others love them. But its the same for the Incredible. I honestly haven't heard many complaints about the Droid or Devour though.

nds1970

Reaction score
Well, I stopped by the Verizon store to check things out. The guy there has seen alot of these phones with this issue come back in.

I was looking at the LG Ally... Anyone have any experience with this device?