HTC ERIS compared to DROID

iwantadroid

Reaction score
Im thinking of getting a DROID but I was wondering if HTC is any good or reliable. I know HTC has the ERIS but idk if its better than the DROID so I want to know what you guys think

JayMonster

Reaction score
HTC is fine. They have made middle of the road Smart Phones for years. They have recently gotten into higher end stuff (ie HD2), but they are better know for making Smart Phones that are affordable to everyday users.

Comparing the Droid and the Droid Eris though... there is no comparison head to head.

The Droid has a better, higher resolution screen, a faster processor, a GPU, more memory, and is running 2.0.

The Eris just doesn't match up. That doesn't make it a bad phone. The Eris, like the Hero on other networks, is well liked, if a bit laggy at times thanks to the addition of HTC Sense to the Eris interface. And for its price, it is one of the best smart phones around.

It is better than many other WinMo or BB devices... but it ain't no tape a scud missle to a racerhose sort of device like the Droid.

OP
I

iwantadroid

Reaction score
HTC is fine. They have made middle of the road Smart Phones for years. They have recently gotten into higher end stuff (ie HD2), but they are better know for making Smart Phones that are affordable to everyday users.

Comparing the Droid and the Droid Eris though... there is no comparison head to head.

The Droid has a better, higher resolution screen, a faster processor, a GPU, more memory, and is running 2.0.

The Eris just doesn't match up. That doesn't make it a bad phone. The Eris, like the Hero on other networks, is well liked, if a bit laggy at times thanks to the addition of HTC Sense to the Eris interface. And for its price, it is one of the best smart phones around.

It is better than many other WinMo or BB devices... but it ain't no tape a scud missle to a racerhose sort of device like the Droid.

alright thanks. so i'm guessing the DROID would be a better buy right? What about the Hero

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid Eris = Hero... same phone, rebranded

Nonie3234

Reaction score
I have the Eris and I LOVE it! [shrug] It's all up to what you prefer. My coworker has the Droid, and I just hated the keyboard and the weight. Plus, the Eris has the Sense UI, and ultimately - more than anything, that was what sold me. Love it, love it LOVE IT!

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Im thinking of getting a DROID but I was wondering if HTC is any good or reliable. I know HTC has the ERIS but idk if its better than the DROID so I want to know what you guys think

When I went to look at the Droid, the Verizon rep personally owned the Eris and her boyfriend had the Droid. She said that the Droid is much faster and has a better screen when she and her boyfriend compare. The Eris also has no physical keyboard, which was a big thing to me. The Eris is half the price of the Droid though. And the rep loves hers.

If you are already on Verizon and have the "new every 2" credit, and then the $100 rebate, the Droid will cost $99, while the Eris (I think) was free.

I went with the Droid and am loving it. It just seemed to me that if you are going to get a Droid smartphone that you are more or less obligated to own for 20 months, buying the slower one with a worse screen was going to be a mistake that you'd quickly regret.