HTC Eris - Alarm to vibrate - Am I missing something?

enthused91

Reaction score
Ok, on every phone I've ever had, I set alarms - when I set them, if the phone isn't set to be silent, the alarm is audible; if the phone is set to be silent, the alarm vibrates...

I can't seem to make this phenomenon happen on my Eris, and I'm thinking it is something simple that I am just being a moron about, but what am I doing wrong here?

--Also, why when I press and hold the >end< button for phone options, is there an option for --silent mode-- and --vibration mode--?
What do these two options do differently from one another? What are their separate purposes?

Please help anyone who knows about this... or whether I need to download another alarm program...

~*~Courtney~*~

sgm-co

Reaction score
Silent mode is just that "silent" no vibration, no ring tones no nothing
Vibration is just that "vibrate". No audible just vibrate.

OP
E

enthused91

Reaction score
well when I set it to either, my alarm still audibly rings... so now what?

OP
E

enthused91

Reaction score
What?? No I want the alarm -- I want it to ring when I have the phone set to ring outloud, and to vibrate when I set it to not ring outloud... this isn't about me not being able to turn the alarm off completely -- i want the alarm...

Puhgete

Reaction score
Try this...
1) Open the clock app.
2) Select the Alarm you want to change to vibrate only.
3) Tap the Alarm sound.
4) On the screen where you choose your alarm sound, click the volume rocker -down- until the volume is off.
5) Check the box next to Vibrate.

This should let you keep your alarm, have it set to vibrate, and disable the alarm sound.