HTC Eris 2.1

JohnnySweet

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, please do not stone me if I am in the wrong section or this has been already answered somewhere else. I was looking through the forum for hours but did not found anything that helped me.

I am usiing a HTC Eris with 2.1 OS since July 2009. I am relatively happy with it and I would change it only for a Samsung Nexus Prime, but I am not willing to put down the money for it, so I guess I will have to wait a little bit longer.

Now when I say I am relatively happy, I mean there are certain issues that I really do not appreciate. It is horribly slow, everything takes forever. Also, I have a huge load of apps downloaded, most of them I need for my studies and my job, but they all seem to end up on the internal storage instead of the sd card, where there would be more then enough space for it.

I tried to root my phone, though I do not really know what that means, but even after spending two days trying it and reading in the forum and watching youtube videos, I failed to succeed. I also would like to change the ROM, at least that is what I think it is called, although I do not have a clue what it might be. I guess from all the reading Gingerbread stuck with me. Additionally I would like to be able to download apps to my sd card or to be able to transfer apps from the internal storage to the sd card.

Now, I really do not think that anything you guys might want to explain to me will work if I do it myself. Maybe I am just too old to get a grip on stuff like that...

So here my question: Does anyone live somewhat near to Ringwood, NJ, or at least in a 50 miles radius? I am willing to pay 20-30 bucks to anybody who is able to upgrade my phone. The only thing, I want something stable and secure, something that has been proven as working, so it does not have to be the absolutely newest upgrade that still might have issues.

So please let me know if anybody can help me out.

Thanks

Johnny

Ann-Marie Shockey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Eris
Can I get into my old Eris if I don't remember the google account? I don't want to loose my information. Problem is it's not activated or nor will it let me connect to wifi while locked.