HTC Droid Incredible Retires? Incredible HD Taking Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djfrost

Reaction score
I am just trying to understand something.. Upgrades do not expire!!! All you have to do it wait it out to the 1Q of 2011. Why settle to get another phone and these phone are LTE or even This phone Incredible HD weather it has 3g or 4g. Some of you guys are settling for another phone then after you get in then when these phones do get released you are going to want to kick yourselves for being so impatient... you got phones that work some may be crappy and some may be just ok but I would just wait it out you guys will not be disappointed!!!!

you make total sense!!

i've been reading this thread for a few days now...and i've been on the edge of my seat the entire time. its like a roller coaster ride.

but you are totally correct. my upgrade is in 5days...i think i'm gong to wait it out...let the dust settle. then i can check out the scene and make an informed decision...

thanks for the reality check!!

creaky

Reaction score
I am just trying to understand something.. Upgrades do not expire!!! All you have to do it wait it out to the 1Q of 2011. Why settle to get another phone and these phone are LTE or even This phone Incredible HD weather it has 3g or 4g. Some of you guys are settling for another phone then after you get in then when these phones do get released you are going to want to kick yourselves for being so impatient... you got phones that work some may be crappy and some may be just ok but I would just wait it out you guys will not be disappointed!!!!

Yes, but my Storm is dying and it hurts to use it!

djfrost

Reaction score

buy a used droid 1. root it. theme it. add an OC kernel...and you'll fall in love. untill the new year...dancedroid

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

My wife still has her Storm.. I am using her upgrade to get the next phone she wants my Droid X. Her's was doing the samething. I went on Ebay and bought another New Battery for $5.00. Spend the 5 dollars for a new battery $5 beats $40 any day. She has not had any problems since other then the virus on her phone...

DLWear

Reaction score
Whoops I messed up, here is the latest pic of the Droid INC HD. Happy to see it fired up and running!

Turbod

Reaction score

Well for me, I like to get a new phone every holiday season, that's usually when the most tech advanced phones seem to drop. If I wait till next year, I'm stuck with my BlackBerry, and it moves my renewal date past the holiday season. So not only do I have to wait to get the new phones past their holiday release from now on, I don't get to be around during all the discoveries and hacking during their initial release.

experiment626

Reaction score
I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed.Not with the DINC HD itself, but with the fact there will only be an LTE version.I was really hoping for two versions, a 3G version for the Holidays and an LTE version in the Spring of 11'. Now it looks like Verizon will force us onto their tiered LTE Data Plan. Also worried about battery life. The combination of 4+" screen and LTE could be a real battery killer. That's one of the biggest issues I've read from EVO owners. I really was really interested in a VZW device with video-chat but now I don't know if it's worth it.

DLWear

Reaction score
I know, nice! Would it have been so much to take a clearer picture and not be fuzzy and semi sketchy looking??? Uff!

unseenme

Reaction score
I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed.Not with the DINC HD itself, but with the fact there will only be an LTE version.I was really hoping for two versions, a 3G version for the Holidays and an LTE version in the Spring of 11'. Now it looks like Verizon will force us onto their tiered LTE Data Plan. Also worried about battery life. The combination of 4+" screen and LTE could be a real battery killer. That's one of the biggest issues I've read from EVO owners. I really was really interested in a VZW device with video-chat but now I don't know if it's worth it.

Don't think video chat would be all that good on VZW's 3G anyway.

Swyped from the BIGGEST BADDEST machine on the planet

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score
im waiting to see what miami has left to say from his meeting yesterday with verizon. he probably has some good news and as we already read, he had/has bad news. if he tells us NO dinc hd till next year, than im getting the dx. thats if its due out after January. so i hope we hear from sometime today because my D1 is sick :(

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
im waiting to see what miami has left to say from his meeting yesterday with verizon. he probably has some good news and as we already read, he had/has bad news. if he tells us NO dinc hd till next year, than im getting the dx. thats if its due out after January. so i hope we hear from sometime today because my D1 is sick :(

Grab the Droid X : ) I already spoke to him plus its pretty well known by everyone in the know. The device is still being tested and is no where near to being released.

Sent from my Droid

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I know, nice! Would it have been so much to take a clearer picture and not be fuzzy and semi sketchy looking??? Uff!
htc_mecha_2-1.png

Reaction score

I personal messaged Miami a few hours ago asking if the phone was going to come out at all this year... specifically November... or if the phone was strictly going to be available in 2011 as LTE.

I didn't get a response yet.

If the phone isn't coming out this year for 3G users I'll either keep my HTC Droid Eris (it's not a horrible phone, just lags, can't update it, and has a small screen) or I'll get the Motorola Droid X. I know there are people that are hyped for 4G but I'm not one of them... even if it does mean a faster network connection and a more promising front facing camera. LTE is going to be expensive and the new data plans are going to suck... I like my unlimited option because I'm not restricted to a set amount of data and then hit with insane overage charges.

I really hope Miami updates today saying the phone is still going to come out this month as 3G.

Status
Not open for further replies.