HTC Droid Incredible Gets Gingerbread ported to It!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
XDA-Developers have a working version of Android 2.3 Gingerbread, running on Verizon's HTC Droid Incredible. The performance seems extremely smooth, but there is still some work to be done to enable the camcorder, and the GPS functionalities. This is Good news for Droid Incredible Users once all the bugs are worked out!!!

[video=youtube;LwQ2hsR-aQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwQ2hsR-aQw[/video]

Source

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I doubt the DI sees 2.3 for a couple months yet via VZW. HTC has to do there thing with sense and VZW has to test and approve the update.

Many of us don't want to wait so they port them or do a full asop build which I would prefer anyway but i'm on the DX now so I'm SOL... :D

Mr.Lags-a-lot

Reaction score
Ehh I wouldn't say months, I understand what your saying but months? Yeah I guess if you can't wait, then I guess you can partially have it right? I just feel like people are wasting there time on Gingerbread knock-off's. I'm probably just gonna wait for the official release. Not to mention they've had since late October to work on it. Or maybe this is Gran Turismo 5 all over again except only with phones, and they'll just keep delaying it. Scary thoughts. :blink:

Last edited:

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Hmmm let's see how long did it take to get 2.2 on the Incredible after the Nexus One got it? May 23rd for 2.2 on nexus one, August 31st for Droid Incredible... What about 2.2.1? Sept 23rd for Nexus One and when did Droid Incredible get it... oh yah it hasn't yet.

So yah a few months minimum after nexus gets it's release.

Reaction score
does anyone know when the htc incredible will be getting updated to 2.3 android or sense 2.0 (i think that's the latest version, the one that has fastboot)? i would have made a thread on this but i'm not sure how to

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ehh I wouldn't say months, I understand what your saying but months? Yeah I guess if you can't wait, then I guess you can partially have it right? I just feel like people are wasting there time on Gingerbread knock-off's. I'm probably just gonna wait for the official release. Not to mention they've had since late October to work on it. Or maybe this is Gran Turismo 5 all over again except only with phones, and they'll just keep delaying it. Scary thoughts. :blink:

clearly you werent around when people were waiting for froyo...trust me it's going to be months

JKingDev

Reaction score

clearly you werent around when people were waiting for froyo...trust me it's going to be months
If at all.. Seriously. Why do people bother to wait for official updates anymore?

GT944

Reaction score

If at all.. Seriously. Why do people bother to wait for official updates anymore?

Sheer laziness :)

Sent from my ADR6300