HTC Droid DNA has received S-OFF, but it Cost $45 + shipping! Ouch!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-dna-s-off.jpg

Our Droid DNA has an unlocked bootloader and we are able to flash Roms and kernels, but the process can be a pure headache thanks to the Security ON or S-ON that HTC has built in. With S-ON we have to manually flash unstable boot.imgs when flashing Roms or risk bootloops and soft-bricks. A company "MobileTechVideos" has a JTAG method to provide S-OFF. The company will charge $45 to jTAG the DNA plus you will pay to ship it to them and $10-45 to ship the phone back to yourself. This seems kind of highway roberish to me, but if you are willing to fork out these kinds of funds for S-OFF more power to you. I guess in the long run you will save money since you won't be purchasing as much ADVIL!

Via MobileTechVideos

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So much for open source.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
So much for open source.

Yep....I under stand wanting money for it or what ever...but let it be via donations. You would probably end up making more any how. As soon as someone figures out how they achieve S-off, they are going to set it loose to the public and that person will get more via donation then jtag in total.

Jack wholes.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yep....I under stand wanting money for it or what ever...but let it be via donations. You would probably end up making more any how. As soon as someone figures out how they achieve S-off, they are going to set it loose to the public and that person will get more via donation then jtag in total.

Jack wholes.
precisely, greedy jerks

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
They have to take the phone apart to do it,so charging for their time is understandable. The company offered to work with a developer to create an s-off methodthat doesn't require the phone to be taken apart and will be free.