Htc driod eris touch screen problem!!!

triechane

Reaction score
I have my Htc Driod Eris for a year almost and now it started getting annoying, everything works great except for the screen. But its now quiet all the screen that doesnt work though but only some parts like the top right of the screen, sometimes the bottom. So when im like tapping some tabs on that section is I have to twist or rotate my phone to horizontal and when selecting also is i used the TRACKBALL cause i cant click the "OK" in the screen but theres sometimes u cant really do anything and that really annoyed me. I decided to reset my phone back to start and keep restarting, doing master reset. I even called the company and still. So pls to anyone knows how to fix it. I would love to hear that. Thanks! :biggrin:

mamawm

Reaction score
i have no idea how to solve your problem but i didn't want you to think none of us cared about your problem. if i had to venture a guess, i would say the digitizer has probably died. and that's a hardware fix.

Reaction score
I think its time for a new phone. Its seen seen its time. Cause if you call vzw. They will push u to a different device anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
triechane

triechane

Reaction score
i have no idea how to solve your problem but i didn't want you to think none of us cared about your problem. if i had to venture a guess, i would say the digitizer has probably died. and that's a hardware fix.

What would b the best to fix it?
Tnx

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What would b the best to fix it?
Tnx

Digitizer failure means that you wound need to have the phone sent in for repairs or do it your self which requires pulling the phone apart and will void the warranty.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

OP
triechane

triechane

Reaction score
I think its time for a new phone. Its seen seen its time. Cause if you call vzw. They will push u to a different device anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I have new one tho. Just I wish I can fix its pretty new I have it here still thot I can fix it with a help here and give it away like fam or sell idk.. Tnx

mamawm

Reaction score
I'm assuming that your eris is long out of warranty. And so quicksilver is correct, you would need to send the phone in for repairs or try to find a local cell phone repair facility. It just might be time to think about a new phone since the cost of repairing the eris is probably going to be more than the worth of the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ebohatch

Reaction score
I recently had similar problems with my touch screen only partially working. I found a video on YouTube from RepairsUniverse.com showing how to dis-assemble the phone and replace the digitizer screen. I ordered the digitizer screen from them and followed the video instructions and replaced the screen. Works great now.
Here is a link to their site: HTC Droid Eris Replacement LCD Screens and Glass Touch Screens
You can also find cheaper replacement screens on eBay.
Here is a link to their video: [video=youtube;13xleNZhpyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13xleNZhpyY[/video]