HTC batterylife

eeeeevo

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my m8 battery performance. It's just that great. I go through my 8 hr shift with ease. No charging at my job just to get through the shift. And after my day at work I still have 75% still left on average. So booyah

Thanks for the feedback.. Keep us updated.

Coming from a GNexus, the battery life on this phone is AMAZING.

Feels good not to carry a charger everywhere you go.

Got a gr8 tip if u guys don't know about this to really get amazing battery life. I did this and after 9hrs I still have 89% left. Do this
After surfing or YouTubing clear ur cache that u recently went on and c d results. Or after u finish using the phone before putn it away turn ur phone off and restarting it immediately or simply reboot it. No need to do this if u text or call.
Try this out and then shout it out!!!! Results will vary but improvements will b there.

I'm not seeing good battery life at all. I bought my girlfriend this HTC One M8 (because she thought it was "pretty") and I chose for myself the Galaxy S5. Today both our phones have been off overnight charger for 8 hours. Her M8 has only been used to make 2 phone calls of about 5 minutes each, with no other use, and is at 51% charge left, which is terrible battery life for no more than it was used. My S5 has 83% left and I've been using it off and on all day.

The usage is;
60% Android System
20% Google Play Services
15% Dialer
1% No LED app

We are so disappointed with the battery life on this phone that I would take it back to Verizon and switch it out for another Galaxy S5, except we are past the 14 day return policy. A person should not have to reboot, clear cache, etc. to get decent battery life from a brand new phone.

So, that's MY experience with the HTC One M8 battery life....

I'm not seeing good battery life at all. I bought my girlfriend this HTC One M8 (because she thought it was "pretty") and I chose for myself the Galaxy S5. Today both our phones have been off overnight charger for 8 hours. Her M8 has only been used to make 2 phone calls of about 5 minutes each, with no other use, and is at 51% charge left, which is terrible battery life for no more than it was used. My S5 has 83% left and I've been using it off and on all day.

The usage is;
60% Android System
20% Google Play Services
15% Dialer
1% No LED app

We are so disappointed with the battery life on this phone that I would take it back to Verizon and switch it out for another Galaxy S5, except we are past the 14 day return policy. A person should not have to reboot, clear cache, etc. to get decent battery life from a brand new phone.

So, that's MY experience with the HTC One M8 battery life....

I would actually return it for being defective.

My GNex did better than that and the GNex was pretty notorious for having a horrible battery, especially when on LTE.

I will try and remember to test post screens tomorrow, going non-stop heavy use to see how long to go from 100% to 10%.

I would actually return it for being defective.

My GNex did better than that and the GNex was pretty notorious for having a horrible battery, especially when on LTE.

I will try and remember to test post screens tomorrow, going non-stop heavy use to see how long to go from 100% to 10%.

Maybe your GPS mode is on

I have had the GPS on continuously without ever turning it off on every smart phone I've ever owned without any battery drain issues.
I just came from a Motorola Droid RAZR HD Maxx which had great battery life, and my new Galaxy S5 gets just as good, and the GPS is on all the time, as is WiFi and Bluetooth. Doesn't drain those batteries...

Are you sure the phone was connected good on both ends. I'm getting great battery life.

My battery life is great, I also leave all services active.

My results. This is with medium usage of internet,YouTube,gaming,

ForumRunner_20140420_200411.png

My wife and I both have m8's. I find the battery life to be very good. Her M8 does better than mine, and does better than her old droid max. I can go a day and a half before needing to charge.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

I haven't used it much in the past 6 hours. Just used the camera to take a few videos.

Doesn't seem that great...Screenshot_2014-05-31-23-41-51.pngScreenshot_2014-05-31-23-41-35.png

I'm giving this phone a second chance ..let's see how battery holds up ..my first experience with Verizon one wasn't the best ..

M8 tapa

Back