HTC Announces ICS Device Specific Update Plans

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know what would be really cool...

If the Incredible, DX, D2, and Pro all got ICS. Officially.

Silly rabbit, VZ, Moto, and Google say our devices can't handle the powah, and if they say it then it must be true. I wasn't running 4.0 on my D2 earlier today by any means.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Silly rabbit, VZ, Moto, and Google say are devices can't handle the powah, and if they say it then it must be true. I wasn't running 4.0 on my D2 earlier today by any means.

Pretty sure google said somewhere that if it runs gb fine, it can run ics fine or better. Not sure how long it'll take for camera to work though.

Breakfast beats worrying.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

LOL. :) I wouldn't call it a lag, so much as a publishing delay. Keep in mind that we got our story out within a couple of hours after the "scoop" you guys had at the link above; however, also keep in mind that we are working on multiple stories published on multiple sites, so that "lag" comes because of the physical time it takes us to crank out as much news as we can find for you guys!

But we try to keep on our toes as much as possible. Good job on you guys for finding a great story. Also, in the future, if you see a juicy story... please either click on the "News Tips" link at the top, or PM me or email me directly: [email protected]. That way, we can get the great news up as quickly as possible, and you will get the credit for finding it first! That sounds like perfect collaboration to me! ;)

nikecar

Reaction score
LOL. :) I wouldn't call it a lag, so much as a publishing delay. Keep in mind that we got our story out within a couple of hours after the "scoop" you guys had at the link above; however, also keep in mind that we are working on multiple stories published on multiple sites, so that "lag" comes because of the physical time it takes us to crank out as much news as we can find for you guys!

But we try to keep on our toes as much as possible. Good job on you guys for finding a great story. Also, in the future, if you see a juicy story... please either click on the "News Tips" link at the top, or PM me or email me directly: [email protected]. That way, we can get the great news up as quickly as possible, and you will get the credit for finding it first! That sounds like perfect collaboration to me! ;)

"delay" excuses. :D I do recall there was one that came out almost 12 hours before you all posted it!!!

seriously.. just kidding with you all.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
"delay" excuses. :D I do recall there was one that came out almost 12 hours before you all posted it!!!

seriously.. just kidding with you all.

ROFL. And, you may be right about us being off sometimes. But, if we were almost 12 hours off on one, then that just means that next time, if you see some hot news, please tip us off! We area only human after-all. You can help us improve, which we are constantly striving to do. ;)

As an interesting side-note, over for the last 4-5 weeks, I have noticed that we have been consistently posting several good Android-related stories up to 1-2 days before some of the big boys like Engadget. I won't claim that we always get it first, but we are never far behind. That's because we have the best Droid-enthusiasts community across the web, and that is thanks to awesome members like yourself! I thank you for holding us to a high standard. :biggrin:

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
By the time ICS will OFFICIALLY come out for the tbolt, it would be at least early 2013 already. I mean just look at gingerbread. It took around 9 months after it's release to come to the thunderbolt, and was even pulled after that. It gingerbread took that long, I excpect the FINAL build to come out in mid January 2013, if at all.

Even if that were the case, I'm sure we'd get a leak of the tbolt build way before HTC officially releases, and can grab the radios and other missing things so the devs can build their own AOSP ICS Rom. There's already a few Roms out there now based on AOSP ICS, just no working data or cameras... the important things to make it a daily driver.

I've got this phone for another year (I'm not paying full price for the phones out right now), so any news about upgrading the tbolt is good news for me, whether theres a timeframe or not.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I am pleasantly surprised to learn that the Thunderbolt is still getting some attention from HTC... Definitely sticking with HTC for my next phone if they follow through on this.