HTC 10's Camera Tied the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for First Place in DxOMark Rankings

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
top-few-dxomark-smartphones.jpg

It looks like HTC finally got it right with their camera for the HTC 10. For years HTC has tried to come up with innovative ways to improve the camera quality on their smartphones, but they typically fell short. The first iteration of their 4MP UltraPixel tech comes immediately to mind.

This time, HTC seems to have perfected things. They just tied with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for first place on the DxOMark camera rankings. The HTC 10 scored an 88. Here's a quote from the DxOMark review:

"With an overall DxOMark Mobile score of 88 points, the HTC 10 offers outstanding mobile photography for both stills and video. Featuring a 12Mp 1/2.3-type sensor, this device excels for autofocus and texture preservation, making it a great choice for shooting moving subjects, or capturing detailed landscape and architectural shots. The overall DxOMark score is composed of a two subscores, Photo and Video, with greater weight given to the Photo score in the final evaluation. Each subscore analyzes image quality in a range of categories, including Exposure and Contrast, Autofocus, Texture, Noise, Artifacts, and Flash, with each tested in varying lighting conditions. A great all-rounder, the HTC 10 scored well in all our tests, securing a final Photo subscore of 88 and 86 for Video." ~ DxOMark

Here's our dedicated HTC 10 section for further discussion: HTC 10 (Formerly the HTC One M10)

Curious what LG ratings tend to be, because my G4 blows my S4s cam out of the water. Has Samsung and HTC improved the shaky still shots when flash is off? My laser focus is a God send.

Curious what LG ratings tend to be, because my G4 blows my S4s cam out of the water. Has Samsung and HTC improved the shaky still shots when flash is off? My laser focus is a God send.
The G4/S4 comparison is not a fair one. You're talking about a device that is 1 year old vs a device that is 3 years old.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The G4/S4 comparison is not a fair one. You're talking about a device that is 1 year old vs a device that is 3 years old.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Fair, however, this site gives a great rating for the S4s auto focus even though it was terrible, when there were other flagships at that time that could take a great, focused still shot with no flash on. So, it makes me a bit weary about their opinion, and makes me wonder if the S7 still has shakiness to a camera without flash.

Back