HTC 10 will not boot?

Devidra

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC 10
My phone broke (I'm not sure how, no water damage, and I've been really careful about dropping it) a couple days ago and since then it's been stuck in a boot loop. No matter what I've tried, I can't get it to finish booting. It starts to boot and after a couple seconds it turns off and tries again. I can't get to the Bootloader, Recovery mode, or anything. The only menu I can get to is VolumeUp+Down+Power, and I can't even get any further than that. I've tried letting it die and then charging it, and it receives a charge, but it doesn't boot. I can't do a factory reset because I can't get far enough into any of the phones boot screens to do so. Also, booting without SIM and/or SD Cards doesn't work either. Any suggestions as to what to do? I have a lot of important files on it and i really can't afford to lose them.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums, Devidra! So sorry about your phone. That's beyond frustrating. Whatever you do, don't let the battery drain bc it could end up where it won't accept a charge. As long as it charges, keep it above 50%charge.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the HTC10. You may be able to contact HTC to see if they are able to reinstall the OS. Not sure if that will cause you to lose your files, though. I'm assuming that if you plug it into your PC, windows explore doesn't show your files but worth a try.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk