HTC 10 Will Include A Super LCD 5 Display Instead Of AMOLED

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well it looks like the Galaxy S7 will retain its status as having the best display even after the HTC 10 comes along. Today Evan Blass tweeted out some specs for the upcoming device. Apparently the HTC 10 will feature a Super LCD 5 display instead of AMOLED. For some this won't necessarily be a bad thing.

LCD displays tend to display more natural colors while AMOLED displays can be over saturated. Contrast tends to be better on AMOLED displays since they can turn off pixels independently for deeper darker blacks. AMOLEDs are said to be more efficient because of this, but I have always argued that battery life is better with LCDs since you can turn your brightness way down and still see the screen in bright sunlight. It is the opposite with AMOLEDs if there is any sunlight you have to turn your brightness all the way up and can still barely see the screen.

I actually like LCDs and LG has done an excellent job with their QHD LCDs the past few years. Hopefully this HTC display can compete with the S7 display.

via @evleaks

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I prefer the blacks of amoled but I have an app ScreenDim, for my LCD screen devices that allows separation of the brightness from back light allowing the best of both along with the battery savings of turning the back light down while keeping the pixels brighter for a much more amoled look of them. I got the app because my Nexus7 tablet had the bleached look to everything that ios devices have and it solved the problem.
Those that do actually notice the difference between lcd and amoled can have a better experience and to be honest the best amoled I ever had was my Inc 1 with its first generation of amoled. The colors didn't look cartoon like, like the note recent ones are hard not to notice while also having that true black that only 0 light to black pixels can imitate.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><