How's Your Extended Battery Life?

mikespe

Reaction score
Ever since the 902 update it seems I'm not getting the same use per charge with the extended battery. Before 902 I would have at least 30% left on the battery when I went to bed at night (take off charge at 6am bed at 11pm). Now the phone completely dies by 9-10pm. Before I would use the phone at the gym to play music, use at work all day for internet things (facebook, Twitter, etc) plus tether it to my tablet for about 30-45min per day. Now I stopped using it at the gym, hardly check facebook/twitter & I plug it in when I tether to save the battery yet it dies between 9-10pm...this is supposed to be the EXTENDED battery!

Is anyone else having this issue? Yes I know tethering kills the battery but I used it BEFORE 902 as well as after...and before was UNPLUGGED.

Thanks

cjsmoove

Reaction score
On Wi-Fi at least 18= with moderate use. On 4G 9 hrs with streaming Pandora for 5 straigh hours...w/o Pandora I can normally go 13-14.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
i get over 24 hours with really heavy browser use but wifi only... i have wifi at home and at work so i'm very seldom using 3G (no 4G in my area)... i'm talkin really heavy browser use too... my co-workers label me as "glued to my phone all the time" ... i also use quite a bit of bluetooth during the day... i have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse that go all day long at work sending e-mails and texting and researching parts and machinery in the browser... i charge it at night while i'm sleeping and it'll run all day / sleep that night / and make it till about 10 am the next morning before i have to charge again...

now here's the difference... i'm rooted and i've removed everything on this phone that runs for no reason.... ALSO... i don't use APPS for ANYTHING... seriously... no widgets no facebooks no twitters no battery monitor crap and no poweramp music player... poweramp is a battery sucker that always turns itself on in the background ... as for everything else... i use the mobile browser to check all my social media and e-mails so i don't have an app for each one running and syncing and using recources... i always leave my screen brightness on the lowest setting.. never auto... you get used to that after a few days and it's bright enough unless you're outside in direct sunlight...

this bionic has so much potential... you should see how it runs when it's all stripped down and just running what you need running when you need it running.... clean and mean and crazy awesome battery life with the extended battery... i regularly stomp my wifes droid razr maxx and she doesn't use hers nearly as much as i use mine