Howdy

twin_rotor

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Ben. New to the Android world and found this site to be ranked at the top of a quick Google search.. Seems like a good spot to learn about this new fangled device I bought. I live in Arkansas and am a jack of all trades, about to start school again. FYI, twin_rotor refers to the two rotors of a Wankle engine :)

Originally, I've had two Windows based phones over the last three years. Before that, a few LG kwerty phones and my first old StarTac.. I'm kinda nervous about Motorola due to the dozen Razors and Krazors my wife has had crap out for no reason. Hopefully this piece of hardware is made better.

I was tired of waiting for Verizon to bring a Windows 7 phone out and was due for an upgrade. So I choose the Droid X over the two crappy WM6.5 phones they carry(my previous phone was an I-910 with a custom WM6.5 ROM). Needless to say, I'll never be a fruit owner, even after playing with the 4th version... The Android system impressed me more so, mostly because it seems to follow the line of Windows and open source applications more so than the three million $0.99 apps Steve Jobs is trying to screw everyone with :)

So far, its impressed me. I'm still in the learning stage, but its comming along. I miss my task manager, but I'm sure there is somthing simular here that I just havn't found yet. And that comes to why I'm here :D

Thanks for everyones contributions. Maybe one day I'll be able to make some of my own!

Ben

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Oh ur in the right area indeed. The DX is a great device and rest asure u will find this forum very helpful. If u have any questions, I sugges searching the DX section for the DX forum first. Believe me there's many that had the same issues and had been answered. If not, u can still ask for help. We are always here to assist u...have fun

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

Canadroid

Reaction score
Needless to say, I'll never be a fruit owner, even after playing with the 4th version... The Android system impressed me more so, mostly because it seems to follow the line of Windows and open source applications more so than the three million $0.99 apps Steve Jobs is trying to screw everyone with :)

Haha, welcome to the community & enjoy your fruit-free stay.

:pint:

OP
T

twin_rotor

Reaction score
Thank you both for the welcome.

So far, I've allready found solutions to most my ignorance. :rockon:

Search is everyones friend. I wish the users of a forum I moderate would learn how to use that button... :rolleyes:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
that's cause many wants the easy way. what other forum are u a moderator? I would love to check it out if not already a part of it. Lol

Search is everyones friend. I wish the users of a forum I moderate would learn how to use that button... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
T

twin_rotor

Reaction score
that's cause many wants the easy way. what other forum are u a moderator? I would love to check it out if not already a part of it. Lol

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

Well its non Android, so I can't link it here. I guess its within the forum rules to list content; its an automotive forum. If you'd like the URL, shoot me a PM, as you do not recieve them :)