Howdy

DeFebbs

Reaction score
howdy folks ...i just got the moto droid 2 global baught my phone brand new ...ordered online from verizons web site...my phone is unrooted and im having a few minor but yet aggrivating problems with it....first issue...cant keep my music playing when i close and lock the screen...it wont even play one complete song before stopping...second issue...i hav my sound settings set to play tone while pressing dial pad keys...but its so faint u can barely hear it even with all volumes turned all the way up!!! Any one have know why this is happening??

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!!

1. Doesn't the Pro have a native Task Killer? It could be set to kill the music app on screen lock.

2. If you open the menu from the Home Screen; Menu/Settings/Sound/Volume. There will be three sliders there. Adjust accordingly. :)

Good luck.

Canadroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!!

1. Doesn't the Pro have a native Task Killer? It could be set to kill the music app on screen lock.

It has a loaded TK? Interesting, this is something that is part of System ops for D2G or is it a bundled app?

Welcome to DF, btw DeFebbs :)

OP
D

DeFebbs

Reaction score
First i hav the Droid 2 global...second...i hav gone into settings and all slider volumes r up full throttle...however the automatic task killer could b the issue with the music....so now i still need to know y my dial pad sounds r not working WITH ALL SLIDER VOLUMES already at full throttle?

OP
D

DeFebbs

Reaction score
im not sure... all i know is its already on the phone and u go in and set wat apps u want ended on a list and wen ur phone is "sleeping" it autmatically kills the apps on ur list...and ty 4 welcome :)

Canadroid

Reaction score
First i hav the Droid 2 global...second...i hav gone into settings and all slider volumes r up full throttle...however the automatic task killer could b the issue with the music....so now i still need to know y my dial pad sounds r not working WITH ALL SLIDER VOLUMES already at full throttle?

So as far as the dialpad, they are not working or just barely audible?

I've never really noticed this before, the dial keytones are not carried over my external speaker at all, you can barely hear them over the earpiece speaker while tapping a number.

BUT, if I initiate a call, hit Speaker, then access the dialpad while on that call, THEN the tones sound off nice and loud over the external.

I will play around later and see if this can be swapped.

OP
D

DeFebbs

Reaction score
the dial pad tones...with all my volumes full throttle is barely audible ...i havnt tried mine on speaker phone as described above. As far as my music...i took it off the "auto end list" on the preinstalled task manager and it still doesnt continuously play wen my phones goes into "sleep" mode. When i had the droid 1 by motorola...this was not an issue. my music wuld continuously play in the background no problem!!!